The Amenities and some conversations save the game.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: The Amenities and some conversations save the game.

Post by Draugor » 01 Jul 2016 09:50

Ody wrote:
Kalvin Banesword wrote:Anyway your hatred of other MMOs and sticking to the readings, you must need this game/drug to live, for without it you would surely completely lose your mind, hence my use of the psychology aspect.
See? Now you get the spirit of what Genesis is about. :)

And now I agree with Ody... what has the world come to?

Guess I'll have to share a link or something to google with him O_O

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 01 Jul 2016 11:46

Taro wrote:Can we just ignore this kid?
say the 12 year old
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 01 Jul 2016 13:09

Kalvin Banesword wrote:
The game MUD, LPMUD is NOT INTERESTING ENOUGH! Not even 20 years ago!
This made me laugh. It was 1996.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Taro
Adventurer

Post by Taro » 01 Jul 2016 18:27

Sykil wrote:
say the 12 year old

Fair point. But still.
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 01 Jul 2016 18:30

Taro wrote:
Sykil wrote:
say the 12 year old

Fair point. But still.
Is it a fair point? How many of you oldies were dumbass kids when you started playing? Hell I know players where were twelve when they started. Doesn't make his points less valid.

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 01 Jul 2016 19:15

a 12 year old to call someone is kid? this is not it
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 01 Jul 2016 20:41

One can be a kid and one can act like a kid....Some are and act like one, but Taro has always acted like a mature player!

Its good to try to ignore the insults (although i cant see why calling someone a nerd is an insult, nerds rule) and the rude behavour of this person who thinks hitting on a girl is touching her when she doesnt want that (she can handle herself very well ;) ) and just focus on what he writes about the game.

Genesis mud is not perfect but without enough wizards not much we can do about it.

My advice to the wizards first it to make a list with all the things that needs to be fixed.
Publish this list, so people will stop complaining about them because they know that you are aware of them.

If the list is made and made public we as a community can search for answers on how to fix them.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 01 Jul 2016 21:39

gold bezie wrote:My advice to the wizards first it to make a list with all the things that needs to be fixed.
Publish this list, so people will stop complaining about them because they know that you are aware of them.

If the list is made and made public we as a community can search for answers on how to fix them.
This sounds like a very efficient way to do this.

Maybe something like this: ;)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Jul 2016 21:57

gold bezie wrote:One can be a kid and one can act like a kid....Some are and act like one, but Taro has always acted like a mature player!

Its good to try to ignore the insults (although i cant see why calling someone a nerd is an insult, nerds rule) and the rude behavour of this person who thinks hitting on a girl is touching her when she doesnt want that (she can handle herself very well ;) ) and just focus on what he writes about the game.

Genesis mud is not perfect but without enough wizards not much we can do about it.

My advice to the wizards first it to make a list with all the things that needs to be fixed.

Gorboth has posted such lists a few times I think. Here's one of them:

https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... =34&t=1208

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 01 Jul 2016 22:24

eh shouldnt you be at the shindig doing that shot contest Cherek? :lol:

okay good list, thanks for sharing, but from 2010, i ve read it quickly and ill bet a lot of things can get of it and a few can get on it. Is it ranked from the most needed to the least needed? In your opinion?

I really think a list ranked like that and post on the board will help. Maybe someone who is thinking of becoming a wizard might help be pursuaded to do this job. And if not, maybe we can hire an intern who might be able to help fix some things. Im sure there are players who will donate to pay for an intern if they know what the goal is ;).
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/