The Amenities and some conversations save the game.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gold bezie
Expert

Re: The Amenities and some conversations save the game.

Post by gold bezie » 01 Jul 2016 22:25

oh and thanks for making me laugh ody
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Jul 2016 23:27

Goldbezie: Hah, no I am not at the Shinding. No admin dared show up after the imbuement changes!:P (joking)

I think there are a lot of good things on that list, and some should actually be marked as "completed". Of the stuff that remains I personally think the ones we should focus on are the ideas that have the most positive effects, but are not overly complex to implement. Some ideas are great, but with our current wizard workforce very long projects, some perhaps not doable at all.

So which ideas have a lot of positive effects and are also realistic?

Well, that probably depends on who you ask. Me?

I'd probably look at F (do something about the gap between big and small players), and R (do something about quest/general/combat XP and brutality).

Both could be technically fairly easy to change, depending on which solution is chosen, but of course changing those things would also mean changing the core of Genesis and would be very controversial (regardless of how it's changed). I personally think that we would have A LOT to gain from making new players able to compete with old ones relatively quickly, and also adjusting how brutality and quest XP work so you do not get completely stuck in the game too early.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 02 Jul 2016 00:02

Cherek wrote:Goldbezie: Hah, no I am not at the Shinding. No admin dared show up after the imbuement changes!:P (joking)
Pretty sure the whole "Shindig" was a ruse to get the admin in one place and lynch them because of that..

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Jul 2016 00:12

Ody wrote:
Cherek wrote:Goldbezie: Hah, no I am not at the Shinding. No admin dared show up after the imbuement changes!:P (joking)
Pretty sure the whole "Shindig" was a ruse to get the admin in one place and lynch them because of that..
No wonder Hektor tried so fiercely to convince me to come! I knew it!

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 03 Jul 2016 15:40

Everyone was too drunk to lynch anyone...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 03 Jul 2016 15:41

Thalric wrote:Everyone was too drunk to lynch anyone...

I heard someone got slapped tho xD

Titan

Post by Avatar » 04 Jul 2016 07:50

Draugor wrote:
Thalric wrote:Everyone was too drunk to lynch anyone...

I heard someone got slapped tho xD
Not just me. I am sure she slapped more than me, and it was a loving slap :O
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Ardor
Wanderer

Post by Ardor » 03 Aug 2016 09:58

I mapped almost the entire Avenir caves 3 months ago and they didn´t get implemented yet, but hopefully soon.

Kinda takes the fun out of doing it since it took about 15 hours to try perfect it, but I wouldn´t call the wizzies lazy. They have a lot of work to do, and real lives to tend to, and I don´t think there is manpower enough to tend to all they need to do.

The wizzies are doing their best, as all of us do.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/