Domain Idea

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Taro
Adventurer

Domain Idea

Post by Taro » 06 Jul 2016 19:22

Eberron.

'Eberron is a campaign setting for the Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) role-playing game, set in a period after a vast destructive war on the continent of Khorvaire. Eberron is designed to accommodate traditional D&D elements and races within a differently toned setting; Eberron combines a fantasy tone with pulp and dark adventure elements, and some non-traditional fantasy technologies such as trains, skyships, and mechanical beings which are all powered by magic.'
Last edited by Taro on 06 Jul 2016 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Titan

Re: Domain Idea

Post by Avatar » 06 Jul 2016 19:24

Taro wrote:Eberron.
Wow, you really took your time there. You expect anyone to take interest, when you cant even be bothered to spend the time describing it.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 06 Jul 2016 23:05

Meh.
I mean, it's nice and all.. And reminds me of DnD..
But that's not much incentive for it..

Got any quest ideas? Maybe import some adventures from DnD?
Could be good, but there are certainly more important things to work on..

Otherwise, it could just end up like *A LOUD BELL TOLLS AND DROWNS OUT THE WORDS HERE* and that would be sad.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 06 Jul 2016 23:48

Creating a new domain is the hardest thing you can try to do in Genesis (aside from doubling the playerbase ...)

Just ask Nerull. He's spent a ton of time and energy getting Ravenloft developed, and it has been an incredible amount of work over many months with a number of wizards involved. Suggestions are nice and always appreciated, but I fear I must dump the cold bucket of non-feasibility water on this one. ;-)

G.

p.s. Taro, you might just have my favorite avatar pic. It suggests, before I even read what you've written, that you are deeply ashamed for humanity by what someone has written, or that you are about to write. Good show!
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 08 Jul 2016 14:31

Taro, I inherited the Dragonlance domains (Krynn and Ansalon) over 15 years ago and have been adding to it ever since.

In my mind it is still a long way from finished, but I love the theme and will continue working on it as long as there is a population to enjoy it.

So if Eberon is a theme you are genuinely interested in bringing to the game, it will never be off the table if you are prepared to push it forward yourself :). Coding stuff isn't hard, it just takes time to get polished and cleared now.

Calador
Wizard

Post by Calador » 08 Jul 2016 14:45

I wouldn't mind getting another domain but it would have to offer something that isn't already in the game and I don't think Eberron does that.
Eberron is designed to be a rather low-powered setting, unlike other D&D worlds like Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk, and I think our very own Sparkle domain would be a much better place for that.

As Gorboth mentioned, starting a new domain is a real pain. I remember 20 years ago when we created Mordor (which was never actually opened). There were so many things that needed to be done before we could even make our first rooms. So to create a new domain you need some really dedicated wizards to make it happen.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 10 Jul 2016 05:33

Calador wrote:I wouldn't mind getting another domain but it would have to offer something that isn't already in the game and I don't think Eberron does that.
Eberron is designed to be a rather low-powered setting, unlike other D&D worlds like Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk, and I think our very own Sparkle domain would be a much better place for that.

As Gorboth mentioned, starting a new domain is a real pain. I remember 20 years ago when we created Mordor (which was never actually opened). There were so many things that needed to be done before we could even make our first rooms. So to create a new domain you need some really dedicated wizards to make it happen.
Exactly. And if a top-shelf wizard like Olorin struggled to start Mordor, it is strong testimony to the challenges of getting a new domain off the ground. I was a member of the Mordor domain briefly myself back then! :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Boreaulam
Wizard

Post by Boreaulam » 11 Jul 2016 20:08

gorboth wrote: I was a member of the Mordor domain briefly myself back then! :-)

G.
That's why it was so hard?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Jul 2016 21:14

Boreaulam wrote:
gorboth wrote: I was a member of the Mordor domain briefly myself back then! :-)

G.
OI! I'm sure thats filthy in some way! Get your mind outa the gutter! :P

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 12 Jul 2016 04:58

Draugor wrote:
Boreaulam wrote:

G.
OI! I'm sure thats filthy in some way! Get your mind outa the gutter! :P
Well, I am all bone. Or, is that filthy too?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/