Draconian layman/Racial

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Good idea? yes/no

Poll ended at 07 Jul 2011 13:27

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 21

Calador
Wizard

Re: Draconian layman/Racial

Post by Calador » 12 Jul 2016 15:37

We've already made such a place... It's called Army of Angmar. Feel free to pronounce it as Army of Avatar :)

Titan

Post by Avatar » 12 Jul 2016 17:23

Calador wrote:We've already made such a place... It's called Army of Angmar. Feel free to pronounce it as Army of Avatar :)
LOL!

Nice one :)
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 13 Jul 2016 00:57

Calador wrote:If I was to code a guild it would definitely not be draconians. They are way too domain specific for my taste.
Most guilds are domain specific (Rangers of... Er, Gondor??) ;).

There have actually been a few goes at creating this. The base code is there, but it hasn't got too far past the concept development stage. If done right, it could work really well (the concept discussions that have been had would provide quite a bit of variety for evil lay options)... But it currently doesn't make the 'to do' list for Krynn at the moment. There are just too many other priorities that take precedent.

What are those priorities you ask?

Well, opening the School of High Magic is number one. Transitioning the Priests of Takhisis over to the new magic system is number two. And then progressing with the review of the Secret Society of Kender and the Elven archers following. Cherek has also been bugging me to possibly review the warfare system in Krynn and implement a more comprehensive reward system for participation. And then there are still some magic maps that need to be created for Neraka, Icewall, and Pax Tharkas :).

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 13 Jul 2016 01:13

Arman wrote:Cherek has also been bugging me to possibly review the warfare system in Krynn and implement a more comprehensive reward system for participation.

I'd put that higher up the list.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 13 Jul 2016 07:41

Ody wrote:
Arman wrote:Cherek has also been bugging me to possibly review the warfare system in Krynn and implement a more comprehensive reward system for participation.

I'd put that higher up the list.
Yeah, screw the guilds, right?
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 13 Jul 2016 09:26

The warfare system is quite a bit of complicated code. That's going to take some time to sort out. It's towards the end of the list moreso because it can be worked on while the guilds are going through balance review, which also takes quite a bit of time.

Also, I've told Cherek I'm not going to work on that until he has read all the Dragonlance Chronicles and Legends novels ;). I think he has only finished one of those novels so far!

Titan

Post by Avatar » 13 Jul 2016 10:44

Arman wrote:The warfare system is quite a bit of complicated code. That's going to take some time to sort out. It's towards the end of the list moreso because it can be worked on while the guilds are going through balance review, which also takes quite a bit of time.

Also, I've told Cherek I'm not going to work on that until he has read all the Dragonlance Chronicles and Legends novels ;). I think he has only finished one of those novels so far!
He hasn't read them?!?

Blasphemy! The heathen must be saved!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 13 Jul 2016 11:44

Arman wrote:The warfare system is quite a bit of complicated code. That's going to take some time to sort out. It's towards the end of the list moreso because it can be worked on while the guilds are going through balance review, which also takes quite a bit of time.

How can he not have read what is possibly the best books to ever be made? :P Heretic! Burn him!

Calador
Wizard

Re:

Post by Calador » 13 Jul 2016 13:45

Draugor wrote:How can he not have read what is possibly the best books to ever be made? :P Heretic! Burn him!
I guess you haven't read too many books if you rate the Dragonlance novels as the best ever :P

Titan

Re: Re:

Post by Avatar » 13 Jul 2016 13:53

Calador wrote:
Draugor wrote:How can he not have read what is possibly the best books to ever be made? :P Heretic! Burn him!
I guess you haven't read too many books if you rate the Dragonlance novels as the best ever :P
Well shit. This is Draugor.
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/