Non-flamey Size Discussion

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Draugor » 18 Jun 2016 14:13

Kas wrote:The trolls in Minas Morgul "moves cowardly behind". Always found that one to be rather amusing.

Calians already have the move cowardly behind tho... so... yea

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 22 Jul 2016 20:41

Ody wrote:Well..the discussion in the flames kinda..degenerated.. I figured it would be good to have the same discussion in a moderated place.

Look. As I said in the other thread some sort change needs to take place. I'm just going to reposte what I said in the other thread..edited a bit:
I've been biting my tongue for a long time on this subject. Look. I love Genesis. I love the rp. The community (for the most part..). The guilds. All the fun it's brought me. I'm not the biggest true newbie in the last two years, no. But you know what I am?

You are 134 days 9 hours 7 minutes 38 seconds of age.

I'm the oldest and I'm sick of having so little to show for it. My game time isn't spent grinding and questing all hours of the day, it's spend roleplaying and interacting with people. Granted, I do do a lot of hunting and questing. But after two years of playing this game, lots of roleplaying and all I have to show for it is being hero?

I'm going to say something that few want to admit. If a player can spend so many hours playing this game and they only get to Hero then this game is broken! It's so broken that it's driving players AWAY from the game! I've lost friends because once you hit a certain level you're stuck there! you hit the Hero/Titan wall and your stuck.

What do you have to show for it after all that hard work? Well, you can't PvP against with most people you'd need to, for me it's DAs. After so many hours of the game I'm only Hero. Now, thankfully I've got lots of friends to help me, quest walkthroughs, and all that. But what about those who don't? They're stuck. They can't grow, they can't rp because a myth can just squash them!

I love this game. But you know what gets tiring? The fact it's broken to the point I can't even rp a character I love being so much because I can't stand against any of my enemies.

I've heard people shout "Stat Cap!" for two years. I KNOW it's been said way longer then that. I've discussed it with many other players. We want a cap! We want the playing field leveled! I know wizards have some ideas about how to do it! Why don't they?

1. PvP rules suck. A clear newbie gets two shotted by a super myth excuses get made and wizards end up doing NOTHING!

2. Clear size differences. People of guild A get hunted to death by guild B and it's okay because they're natural enemies.

The community wants a stat cap, or some sort of leveling of the playing field.
Forgot to reply to it earlier.

Sorry to say Ody, but it's matter of know-how rather than time spent.
I am far from being effective powerplayer and I managed to get my second to champion within 25 days (all quests done - except for 3-4 maybe)
I believe an experienced powerplayer can reach myth within 30-40 days easily.

Of course it's different with first char (learning the game!)

There's also some difficulty for goodies (evils have rly straightforward path from exper/rising hero up to myth (centaurs/kendermore/kalaman then neraka trolls from champion and terel trolls from legend - all while being goblin/DA/some defensive lay) - and that should be the main concern for wizards I believe (nowadays with ogres, dark elves and faerun is already better).

just my 2cc :)

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 24 Jul 2016 03:04

Kvator wrote: Sorry to say Ody, but it's matter of know-how rather than time spent.
I am far from being effective powerplayer and I managed to get my second to champion within 25 days (all quests done - except for 3-4 maybe)

There's also some difficulty for goodies (evils have rly straightforward path from exper/rising hero up to myth (centaurs/kendermore/kalaman then neraka trolls from champion and terel trolls from legend - all while being goblin/DA/some defensive lay) - and that should be the main concern for wizards I believe (nowadays with ogres, dark elves and faerun is already better).

I remember Cherek pulling together a list of hunting areas for different mortal sizes... I don't recall if it looked at it from an alignment point of view, but is there really that level of difficulty for good aligned post-rising hero?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 24 Jul 2016 10:07

Arman wrote:
Kvator wrote: Sorry to say Ody, but it's matter of know-how rather than time spent.

I remember Cherek pulling together a list of hunting areas for different mortal sizes... I don't recall if it looked at it from an alignment point of view, but is there really that level of difficulty for good aligned post-rising hero?
Not is grouped with a tank I'd think. But solo? Undeads in Calia... at that level gives... not to good xp :P Orcs in Faerun can prove to be quite the challenge for a grind, especially if they are more than one. Gont I suppose but everyone is there. Haradrims are nice, but you'd have to heal prolly, this beeing that no mage is awake and makes you dead :P

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 24 Jul 2016 13:09

Arman wrote:

yes, getting xp (especially solo) between rh (when Gont is not a great option anymore) and lets say champ (when you can start xping faerun/dark elves/ogres effectively) is much harder for goodies than for evils (no equivalent for centaurs/neraka trolls)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Jul 2016 13:24

My post anbout where to grind on which level had somehow moved and lost it's sticky-ness. Weird. Anyway, I moved it back where it should be and made it sticky, here it is: https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... =19&t=3284

And yes, it mentions align as well.

Ardor
Wanderer

Post by Ardor » 01 Aug 2016 15:50

What about, until it is resolved, a couple of new levels are added for mortals.. hard to reach, like "Legendary hero" and "Demigod" to give a feeling of more being able to reach instead of Myth level players just grinding their asses off without others being able to determine how strong the Myths are

Buys the wizzies time to figure out a solution to it

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Aug 2016 16:10

Ardor wrote:What about, until it is resolved, a couple of new levels are added for mortals.. hard to reach, like "Legendary hero" and "Demigod" to give a feeling of more being able to reach instead of Myth level players just grinding their asses off without others being able to determine how strong the Myths are

Buys the wizzies time to figure out a solution to it
I think that would cause a lot of anger from a lot of players. Especially those who finally reached myth and feel they are "done grinding". And in my opinion it would just make the size differences even bigger, as the big would have even more to grind for. I really think Genesis would be a lot more fun if size differences in general were smaller, not bigger. Please note that this is only what I personally think, feel free to disagree.:)

Ardor
Wanderer

Post by Ardor » 01 Aug 2016 16:44

The size differences wouldnt be greater just because there is other words describing players

I understand what you mean, but it would create new goals for the myths or near to myths to reach, you could make a poll checking the community what they think of the idea :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Aug 2016 01:41

Ardor wrote:The size differences wouldnt be greater just because there is other words describing players

I understand what you mean, but it would create new goals for the myths or near to myths to reach, you could make a poll checking the community what they think of the idea :)
That's exactly my point, new goals will make the already huge myths grind even more, thus increasing the size differences even more. In the past what's now expert used to be the highest title, then we added a lot more levels, and people grew a lot. Was it only because of the new levels? No, tons of different reasons, including the addition of new high level XP areas, etc, but the new levels was definitely a factor I think.

As for a poll, anyone can start a poll on the forums. It's your idea, you start the poll.:)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/