Javelin

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ody
Hero

Javelin

Post by Ody » 31 Jul 2016 03:45

Javelin: novice student
What's this skill for? Are there javelins in the game?

Draugor
Myth

Re: Javelin

Post by Draugor » 31 Jul 2016 09:40

Ody wrote:
Javelin: novice student
What's this skill for? Are there javelins in the game?

Nope :P Think it was implemented with Mercs? Just to have something to train or so :s

morgzaash
Adventurer

Post by morgzaash » 31 Jul 2016 12:53

Nope, I belive there javelin was before mercs.
Middle earth I guess. You may look in Edoral for skill but no idea if theres any weapon type "javelin" coded.

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 01 Aug 2016 06:56

morgzaash wrote:Nope, I belive there javelin was before mercs.
Middle earth I guess. You may look in Edoral for skill but no idea if theres any weapon type "javelin" coded.
Look for it in Edoras, not Edoral ;)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Aug 2016 14:14

It's a very old skill that existed long before Mercenaries. I think it's used when throwing things in general? Like throwing stones, bricks and whatever else there is that can be thrown in Genesis. That's what I always thought at least, I am not sure if it's correct though, but that's my theory.:)

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 03 Aug 2016 02:47

Cherek wrote:It's a very old skill that existed long before Mercenaries. I think it's used when throwing things in general? Like throwing stones, bricks and whatever else there is that can be thrown in Genesis. That's what I always thought at least, I am not sure if it's correct though, but that's my theory.:)
I don't think there's anything in the game that utilizes that skill. Like the skill missiles, it's been in the mud lib since the beginning if I remember correctly. Until bows came along many many year later (early-2000s) missiles was useless like javelins, though some may still argue that bows are currently still useless.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/