Rack-ish

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Orien
Apprentice

Rack-ish

Post by Orien » 30 Aug 2016 16:12

Bello!

I have a simple and practical idea about rack that I (and many) agreed that the idea will makes us feels much more happier!
All Occ Guilds should have some additional to current standard rack system (Weapon, Armour, Misc):

1) A guild's herb jar. See ~200 lines of herbs in misc rack is not so cool ya know! If wizzies can make it show herb's name if one have enough herbalism like qarraba it would be nice!
2) A saver rack. We usually take the saver equipments instead of non-save because they just mix altogether and manual sorting is boring and wasting time!
3) Logbook. "Hey, I wanna slap Yeti in the face! ... WT'Language!' somebody took my Silvan!" - Neidar's true story!
4) A donation box. Calian's receptacle is awesome! Its irritating to run all over just to give them the things we don't use and if not the items will stay in rack and rot away at Arma, happened so many times!
5) Trash bin. Too many reasons... we simply love it!
6) Rules board. Write by Council, newbees dunno how to use equipments and they usually lost it, this is what the board use for!

The above is already partial implemented in some guilds so all we need is copy-paste and changing description!
Me wondering why wizzies don't make a template code for rack so ya don't have to code it all over again for 20+ times? :lol:

Orien are cute (Cool too) kender, if ya disagree with Orien, Orien agree with ya, Orien loves all ^bounce^

Ody
Hero

Re: Rack-ish

Post by Ody » 30 Aug 2016 16:29

Orien wrote:Bello!

I have a simple and practical idea about rack that I (and many) agreed that the idea will makes us feels much more happier!
All Occ Guilds should have some additional to current standard rack system (Weapon, Armour, Misc):

1) A guild's herb jar. See ~200 lines of herbs in misc rack is not so cool ya know! If wizzies can make it show herb's name if one have enough herbalism like qarraba it would be nice!
2) A saver rack. We usually take the saver equipments instead of non-save because they just mix altogether and manual sorting is boring and wasting time!
3) Logbook. "Hey, I wanna slap Yeti in the face! ... WT'Language!' somebody took my Silvan!" - Neidar's true story!
4) A donation box. Calian's receptacle is awesome! Its irritating to run all over just to give them the things we don't use and if not the items will stay in rack and rot away at Arma, happened so many times!
5) Trash bin. Too many reasons... we simply love it!
6) Rules board. Write by Council, newbees dunno how to use equipments and they usually lost it, this is what the board use for!

The above is already partial implemented in some guilds so all we need is copy-paste and changing description!
Me wondering why wizzies don't make a template code for rack so ya don't have to code it all over again for 20+ times? :lol:
You're saying you want these things for the Calians, yes? I know multiple guilds have most or all of these things.

morgzaash
Adventurer

Post by morgzaash » 30 Aug 2016 17:17

The Orien's idea is quite nice but related to only one guild (glads need changes in rack system too, you know ?) and
as usual we are hitting the well know problem to find wizard who knows how and is willing to do such a job ...

Expect for :

The idea is great but maybe, just maybe could be easer to to make in game-engine by adding adjectives :
nonsaver and saver to the items ?
I know that after killing corpse have same adjectives as living : exa wise corpse works fine.
How about making that work ? :
get nonsaver azure sword from rack
put saver black platemail in second rack

What you think ?

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 30 Aug 2016 17:31

Ody wrote:You're saying you want these things for the Calians, yes? I know multiple guilds have most or all of these things.
morgzaash wrote:The Orien's idea is quite nice but related to only one guild
Orien wrote:All Occ Guilds should have some additional to current standard rack system (Weapon, Armour, Misc):
morgzaash wrote:Expect for :
The idea is great but maybe, just maybe could be easer to to make in game-engine by adding adjectives :
nonsaver and saver to the items ?
I know at least one guild's rack puts a "+" next to items that survive arma. In the "list" mode anyhow..
Maybe that's not what you're talking about?

morgzaash
Adventurer

Post by morgzaash » 30 Aug 2016 18:04

Melarec wrote:I know at least one guild's rack puts a "+" next to items that survive arma. In the "list" mode anyhow..
Would be helpful but its specific-guild-coded i guess. Have not seen that in racks of glads anyway ...

Orien
Apprentice

Post by Orien » 30 Aug 2016 19:20

@Melarec
That is what I'm talking about, we have "+" too but if you have 5 same swords in rack, 3 is non-save and 2 is save and it mixed up (glow-notglow-glow-notglow-glow) then here comes the problem!

@Ody
That is good to hear! Yes, for Calian and many others, we luckily have most of important part but many other guilds don't have it!

@Morg
Every is already coded! We just need a wiz to copy-paste, make a template then implement to all guilds, yep we need a wiz to do that too! I think this is a good and easy to do idea with high efficiency, not for just current but all future guilds
Last edited by Orien on 30 Aug 2016 19:51, edited 1 time in total.

Orien are cute (Cool too) kender, if ya disagree with Orien, Orien agree with ya, Orien loves all ^bounce^

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 30 Aug 2016 19:27

Aww...
The horror of having to spend another 3 minutes getting gear out of the rack! :o

"This sucks! Not only do I have to get something out of the rack, I also have to look at it?!" ;)

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 01 Sep 2016 04:16

I do believe there is a tax paid for specific attributes to racks. Which is why they are not all formatted the same way.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 01 Sep 2016 06:00

Well that seems a bit ludicrous..
It could make sense if they were defined by RP means, but that doesn't seem to be the case..

It would make sense that the Cadets or the Knights would have racks suited for armour and weapons and a guild like the Gardeners would have racks better suited to herbs, but (as far as I know) that isn't how it is. Racks are simply the way the Wizard that wrote them wanted them at the time.
It would be nice if there were some continuity, at least in the way items are listed.

I know certain racks are separated into armour, weapons, and misc., while some are listed all together in the same rack, but separated by category when <exa>'d. Both are good ways to do it.
(As long as the items are displayed in a list)

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 01 Sep 2016 07:57

I like the idea of the donation box :lol: , but i think zestana is right. Talk to your Calian wizard, send him a note and im sure he will tell you what it cost.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/