Plague in solace

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
nils
Titan

Plague in solace

Post by nils » 01 Sep 2016 19:46

I suggest it removed.

For reasons that should be obvious to anyone.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Draugor
Myth

Re: Plague in solace

Post by Draugor » 01 Sep 2016 20:25

Aye, its nothing else than a nuisance and fucking impossible to get rid off, didnt even loose it by the sybarus trick -.-

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 01 Sep 2016 21:26

I hear dwarfs are immune to all plague.
(Maybe not Genesis dwarfs, though..)

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 05 Sep 2016 00:51

Just wizard dwarves ;)

I remember coming back to Genesis after a decade away and caught the plague with a new mortal - thought "damn this is annoying!". When Teth/Morrigan introduced it back in the day was one of those things that we thought was a cool idea ;).

Anyway I've added it to my list of things to look in to. And the least I'll make it easily cured.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 05 Sep 2016 16:48

Arman wrote:Just wizard dwarves ;)

I remember coming back to Genesis after a decade away and caught the plague with a new mortal - thought "damn this is annoying!". When Teth/Morrigan introduced it back in the day was one of those things that we thought was a cool idea ;).

Anyway I've added it to my list of things to look in to. And the least I'll make it easily cured.
Yeah, cant have anything slowing down the XP grind.

Just another example of how busy people are with growing these days. Back in the day, when one contracted the disease, it was an excuse to stand in Sparkle, chatting people up, and spreading the wealth ;)
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 05 Sep 2016 16:54

I don't think it should be touched. It's not that hard to avoid catching. If you kill the plaguebearer just run to Sybarus then return and finish what you're doing. It's not incredibly inconvenient and it's something unique to Krynn.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 05 Sep 2016 20:13

Thank you!

Avatar wrote: Yeah, cant have anything slowing down the XP grind.

Just another example of how busy people are with growing these days. Back in the day, when one contracted the disease, it was an excuse to stand in Sparkle, chatting people up, and spreading the wealth ;)

Since the beginning, for me, 20 years have passed. I used to be a stupid teenager with nothing to do in the nether. As a (partial) grownup, I do not have unlimited time to spend in the realms, and I for sure am not interested in spending it waiting to get rid of a disability.
Ody wrote: I don't think it should be touched. It's not that hard to avoid catching. If you kill the plaguebearer just run to Sybarus then return and finish what you're doing. It's not incredibly inconvenient and it's something unique to Krynn.
Actually, that fucker is sometimes invisible. I have travelled the path to the dwarf camp oft a time on a wolf, where the wolf "doesn't want that", only for me to get sick a few minutes later. And according to my sources, the option in sybarus does not work anymore.

Now, the roleplaying aspect of it is fine. It is, as Arman mentions, a "cool thing". But for it to be a cool thing it can't also be a recurring event every time you visit dwarfcamp after a logout.

If you want to make it more "real life"-like, I'd go with immunity after catching it once. That's how real life viruses work.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 05 Sep 2016 20:54

Can anyone support or refute this statement?

"And according to my sources, the option in sybarus does not work anymore. "
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 06 Sep 2016 05:26

Kitriana wrote:Can anyone support or refute this statement?

"And according to my sources, the option in sybarus does not work anymore. "

Ya, managed to infect half the damn bazaar last arma with it :P Was fun :)

Usually the hegemon tells you "Blabla, you aint bringing that shit here" And removes it, didnt last arma

Jar
Apprentice

Post by Jar » 06 Sep 2016 13:53

The powers cured me on the boat and that happened exactly during previous arma time.
It worked quickly, before the boat departed.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/