Weekly quests

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Weekly quests

Post by Draugor » 19 Sep 2016 19:47

In Flingbangs note on the sparkle board, about weekly quests beeing placed on different days.

Why not have them reset and stay that way untill you do them, with a weekly reset timer, 7 days from the day you do it? :)

Sykil
Adept

Re: Weekly quests

Post by Sykil » 20 Sep 2016 00:18

^ genious
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 20 Sep 2016 13:16

Draugor wrote:In Flingbangs note on the sparkle board, about weekly quests beeing placed on different days.

Why not have them reset and stay that way untill you do them, with a weekly reset timer, 7 days from the day you do it? :)
I believe part of the idea with both quests was to create a reason for people to log in the same day, and bump into each other more and talk to each other a little more. I think both quests serve that purpose quite well. By making the timing of the quest individual that part of the idea no longer works, so I am not sure that's better? I totally get the positive parts of making it that way, but I personally kinda like the set date and time because it makes people interact a little more.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 20 Sep 2016 15:12

Cherek wrote:
Draugor wrote:In Flingbangs note on the sparkle board, about weekly quests beeing placed on different days.

I believe part of the idea with both quests was to create a reason for people to log in the same day, and bump into each other more and talk to each other a little more. I think both quests serve that purpose quite well. By making the timing of the quest individual that part of the idea no longer works, so I am not sure that's better? I totally get the positive parts of making it that way, but I personally kinda like the set date and time because it makes people interact a little more.
I don't believe it Cherek. I know it. Gorboth set up the initial weekly quest (Market Kiosk) after over a year long analysis of active players on certain days. Wednesday's were the worst day activity wise so he implemented the quest. The idea behind it was to boost the population that day. The popularity of it was enough that an additional day was added on Friday with a different reward. While we never spoke on that topic my guess is that since the Chef's quest gives an additional combat aid lasting 24 hours he chose Friday as the day due in part to it being on the weekend so people could maximize the benefits utilized for it.

I agree having the self-timer would benefit the individual more but does it benefit the overall population more. Few people will say Genesis is fun without interaction and that's what the weekly quests encourage... plus if you miss one its not like it really sets you back at all.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 20 Sep 2016 15:15

I'll add in after reading Flingbang's note that I like the suggestion of being able to get the reward in a tiny flask instead of automatically starting the timer. Obviously some restrictions would need to be implemented on it. I think if you made the flask vanish after 72 hours (puts you to Monday outside the weekend intent of the quest) no harm would really be caused. It allows a player then to do the quest and still get to enjoy the reward and it also encourages them to play as much as possible once they quaff it.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 20 Sep 2016 15:42

Zestana wrote:I'll add in after reading Flingbang's note that I like the suggestion of being able to get the reward in a tiny flask instead of automatically starting the timer. Obviously some restrictions would need to be implemented on it. I think if you made the flask vanish after 72 hours (puts you to Monday outside the weekend intent of the quest) no harm would really be caused. It allows a player then to do the quest and still get to enjoy the reward and it also encourages them to play as much as possible once they quaff it.
Yup, I agree it's a good suggestion.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 20 Sep 2016 16:53

Atleast give 2 days or so to do it? And go over what the quest gives, alot of the time I get herbs in Faerun, and I herb every room in Faerun, cave included. No herbs of that sort, a ton of other crap tho :P

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 20 Sep 2016 21:52

Draugor wrote:Atleast give 2 days or so to do it? And go over what the quest gives, alot of the time I get herbs in Faerun, and I herb every room in Faerun, cave included. No herbs of that sort, a ton of other crap tho :P
Gorboth mistakenly included some Earthsea herbs that are not available in the game for various reasons (e.g. balance, lack of approval or orphaned due to areas closing). I would not be surprised if that is the case for other domains as well. If you get a suspect herb ask the appropriate domain lieges to have a look.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 21 Sep 2016 01:10

I had no idea of the Friday 'chef day' quest. And have only a vague awareness of the Wednesday weekly quests. I'd love to see the stats on who the people are who are regularly doing these events, and how many of those are newer characters?

If the intention is to increase players on those days, can we publicise these events a bit more? Log on messaging? Bannering on the website or in the client that notifies players that the event is now live? *think*

morgzaash
Adventurer

Post by morgzaash » 21 Sep 2016 08:46

Well, Arman, I am suprised to hear that ;)
But more seriously :
I visited latly Arcadia , genesis clone, and was really suprised.
On their page and FB they posted each change they made to the game. Whats opened,
what changed in game driver, what happend to X or Z .
And they got nice response from players.

On genesis there was new area opened , how many players do know that ?
Liege does not even know about fridays quest ... maybe its time to suggest
some changes to info policy ? Look how good response we have on "adding magic map" thread.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/