Races of Krynn/Genesis

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thalric
Rising Hero

Re: Races of Krynn/Genesis

Post by Thalric » 28 Jul 2016 19:12

As far as I know the Krynn racial guild doesn't have any guild halls or such.
Each race has perhaps 8 - 10 emotes, and then a bunch of names/locations to choose from.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 29 Jul 2016 17:12

Thalric wrote:As far as I know the Krynn racial guild doesn't have any guild halls or such.
Each race has perhaps 8 - 10 emotes, and then a bunch of names/locations to choose from.
Krynn elvish racial gets darksight as well or at least they used to. Not darkvision but the ability to do basic tasks even in a dark room and to make out figures and shapes.

Twire
Greenhorne

Post by Twire » 21 Sep 2016 02:03

I love the idea of this too. I was one of those players that would not hesitate to choose the Krynn racial guild for the surname and RP reasons rather than pick a race guild with 'abilities' that didn't match my RP at all. (I had a Neidar clan she-dwarf for a while.. I neither wanted whiskers nor wanted to be a friend to rocks.. I was a Neidar dwarf! Period!)

Ideally, I think it would be best if each domain had their own, as a lot of that stuff can dig deep into realm lore, and I think it's nicer, game-play wise, if you have to take a pilgrimage of sorts if you really want to racially affiliate yourself with a physical location in the game.

Of course, a poor man's solution would be to use the Tower of the Realms for that purpose, just in the interest of *just getting it done* and then if a domain liege cares to create/move it to a special location with a library and all that they can mess with it later. Alternately, one could consider a race guild version of the Mercenaries, maybe even allowing players to submit their own family surnames for a create-your-own RP experience, which would give more freedom to players until when and if domains come up with their own more "official domain race guild".

Either way, titles and emotes are super fun for me, and I have RP experience in most of the domains, so I'll talk to Nerull to see if something is feasible.

Samuel
Apprentice

Post by Samuel » 22 Sep 2016 21:34

Being a Hobbit falls in line with your ideas Twire. You get a last name and way more than 8-10 emotes. It provides you pretty small abilities but the RP-ability is great.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/