Move cadets and academy to Sparkle

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Dakhor
Apprentice

Move cadets and academy to Sparkle

Post by Dakhor » 28 Sep 2016 17:05

Hullo

I think we all agree we need more new players and for them to stick arround a while.

I think moving newb guilds like the Cadets and Elemental Academy to Sparkle and perhaps having a quest to find them immediately would nicely introduce the concept of guilds to new players. Everyone hangs arround in sparkle, so its the place where these guilds should be located I feel.

I also suggest to remove any re-joining penalties for these low level guilds in order for new players to be able to figure out where they belong more easilly. I didnt know what I wanted to do so I made a second character, skipped tutorial, joined mercs, cadets and academy to see what could be learned as I had never played them before.

I also feel that the merc guild could be a bit more difficult to find. I have talked to a few low level players who joined the mercs simply because it was the first guild they came across and they had no idea about the cadets or the academy (nor guild tax).

I also noted somewhere a suggestion to bring the Gelan guilds closer together, at a minimum that alist and clist shows both online Cadets and Academics. This would also assist in the idea of different guilds and teaming for new players. Give an inncentive to teaming with the other "guildbranch" (combat bonus, faster donk recovery, more potent spells or something).

Lore problems be dammed - lets make it interesting to be a new player, This unfortunately often means a guidline of advancement is needed, a red string to follow of sorts (but not forced) !!!

Cheers

DaC

ps And please if possible make it so I can compare equipments in racks (cadets) without picking them up. Its way to difficult to find out what would be a good item to take with me. I thinkt this is the biggest annoyance I have found thus far.

Titan

Re: Move cadets and academy to Sparkle

Post by Avatar » 28 Sep 2016 17:29

Moving the guild(s) and, adding a questline to join for newcomers and remove the penalty for leaving/rejoining them.

All excellent ideas.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 28 Sep 2016 17:56

I like these suggestions too.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 28 Sep 2016 17:56

I agree, I like all of these idea except for moving the Academics to Sparkle. Although you said "lore problems be damned" I do do understand where you're coming from when you said that, I think it would be best to at least let the lore serve as a guideline. The Academics attend the Academy of the Elemental Arts- something that goes along with the Elemental Worshipers as well as the Spirit Circle of Psuchae, all of which are Calian guilds.

Other than that, though, I completely agree with you!
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 28 Sep 2016 17:57

Wouldn't a newbie-portal (to cadets) in sparkle solve the issue?
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Titan

Post by Avatar » 28 Sep 2016 18:26

nils wrote:Wouldn't a newbie-portal (to cadets) in sparkle solve the issue?
It certainly would.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 28 Sep 2016 20:07

That is actually a very good idea, Nils.
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 28 Sep 2016 20:39

Don't you think having a portal defeats the purpose of exploring?
I would much rather have a quest that leads you to the cadets/academy.

And I still think putting them in Sparkle would be great.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Archie
Apprentice

Post by Archie » 28 Sep 2016 20:58

Then why not have a crier make some announcements for those guilds and even point them to Calia.

Again, problem solved.

Archie

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 28 Sep 2016 21:03

North of Sparkle has nothing particularly interesting. Putting them there would be the ideal spot. And I agree. Make the mercenaries harder to find. Perhaps move them to Gont, since mercenaries guard the tower and city.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/