Tutori Isle

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Tutori Isle

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 29 Sep 2016 17:22

So, I'm asking this because I've found that I have met many people in Genesis who are in this situation.

When it comes to the tutorial, you can only finish it completely with either evil or good as your alignment- so, for those who want neutral alignment, they can't finish the entire thing.

I'm not sure if this would be possible, but what if a third set of options in the tutorial was created so that you could finish the entire tutorial, but with neutral alignment? Otherwise newbies end up losing out on some great experience for their size, as well as knowledge they could use for future reference once they get into Sparkle from the portal.

What if, when the vampire offers 2 platinum coins, some Spirit or something of the sort appears and says, "You have gotten yourself rather caught-up in this battle between good and bad.. come with me and I will help you stay out of this trouble, and you can go on an adventure where you are not forced to choose such things"- hence starting the third branch?

Just some thoughts! (:
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Tutori Isle

Post by Cherek » 29 Sep 2016 18:51

About half a year ago I changed the vampire quest so the align effects are minimal. It used to make you "good" or "evil" I think, which is quite far, "up or down" in align, especially for a newbie. The choice you made there would really become a problem for many players, as it would take forever to change their align. Also, around the same time Mirandus added the good/evil dwarves newbie grind area outside Palanthas to make it easier for newbies to change their align, both up and down. Not sure when you spoke to these people, is it really still an issue? Or are the peopke you speak about players who perhaps did the quest before I changed it? Now I believe you end up "agreeable" or "disagreeable" after that quest. Returning to being truly neutral should be pretty quick even for a small player, especially if you go to the Palanthas dwarves for a few minutes.

Besides, align IS a big part of the Genesis world, and staying 100% neutral in Genesis is almost impossible. New players are taught this in the tutorial, and it's probably good they learn this? Are you saying there are a lot of new players who actually try to be _neutral_ in align? Completely neutral?

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 29 Sep 2016 21:05

Yes, actually, and as difficult as it is to STAY completely neutral, I know a lot of newbies who actually haven't been around that long that want to be neutral in alignment, or at the most vary ever so slightly to either side, and change often without being considered "just good" or "just evil". I actually spoke with someone today who said when they finished the tutorial their alignment was "good", not "agreeable"- which is why I wasn't aware that changes has been made- because I have seen such alignments with many newbies who literally just appear in the Church from the portal. I find a lot of people nowadays have friends of BOTH alignments and that's why they don't want to pick a side, also.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 30 Sep 2016 00:34

I will check out that quest again. Could it be that we simply discussed changing it but never did??? Hmmmm... I am pretty sure I changed it, and tested it. I'll look. If it's still makes you that good/evil it really should be changed.

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 30 Sep 2016 02:52

I think that what you wanted the end result(s) to be is pretty fair- it will definitely help newbies with this. Changing alignment can take a while when you're smaller, so not ending up with such a defined alignment when you finish the tutorial will allow them more freedom to choose to be neutral if they wish.

Thank you for looking into it, Cherek! (:

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 30 Sep 2016 04:08

~Unavoidable Quest Spoiler; You were warned~

Perhaps the quest could be altered to allow for a Neutral option.
As it stands, the player either kills Annie (NO!) or hands the heart to the Mayor, who then crushes it.
This results in leaning toward Evil or Good, respectively.

How about the player shows the heart to the Mayor, who then offers a choice: hand the heart to him, or crush it yourself.
If the player hands the heart to the Mayor, it results in a Neutral alignment.
If the player chooses to crush the heart themselves, it results in a Good alignment. (Or 'agreeable' or what ever the first tier is..)
If the player chooses the Evil option, it results in "Satan Incarnate" alignment (because if you're willing to do that, then you're too far gone to be saved.)

I think it fits well and wouldn't muddle things up too badly..

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 30 Sep 2016 08:03

Sometimes you are forced, just like in real life, to make a decision between good and bad, even if you are neutral by heart. I wouldnt change the quest itself. But that is my personal opinion, carry on...
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 30 Sep 2016 15:42

gold bezie wrote:Sometimes you are forced, just like in real life, to make a decision between good and bad, even if you are neutral by heart. I wouldnt change the quest itself. But that is my personal opinion, carry on...
Indeed, I rather like the hard choice between good or bad. It gives the quest weight. Like your choice actually matters.

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 30 Sep 2016 18:08

The quest has been updated to reflect the changes Cherek had intended to make.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 30 Sep 2016 18:42

Mirandus wrote:The quest has been updated to reflect the changes Cherek had intended to make.
Thanks a lot Mirandus!

And yes, I agree we should keep the good/evil choice, and it should be noticable in the align. But now, with the changes I already thought was live in the game, our new players can recover from the initial choice they make and chose another path in life reasonably easy.

Good thing you brought this up Emmiline, or I had kept on thinking I did this months ago. I think I am gonna find some new wizard to blame all this on since it's obviously unthinkable that _I_ made a mistake.:) Twire! Seriously! How could you not have fixed this already!! *fume*

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/