Adding injury to insult!

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Are stinging faces and painful groins the future?

Great Idea - I would like to see this implemented as soon as someone can get to it.
No votes
Nice Idea - Its one to consider for the future but not at the top of the list.
46%
Idea needs more work - I think there is a better way.
No votes
Not something I would be interested in.
54%

Total votes: 13

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Adding injury to insult!

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 27 May 2010 17:36

There is not a lot of things cooler than being able to hurt someone with an emote.
I know of an existing guild emote which can hurt the small, and its very cool...

Slapping, kneeing, tackling, pouncing, poking.. etc. Spanking?
These are all tools people use to annoy, humiliate, provoke other characters.
But they don't actually hurt.

Do you think it would be better if these mini attacks physically hurt..?
But be able to be blocked / rendered ineffective by much bigger differences in stats.
Also on a timer so you cannot spam it. Can't stack all the damaging emotes in one go.

So say I slap a newb, they get taken to hurt, my hand stings and I cannot do it again for a minute, nor knee etc in that time.
They also realise if that slap hurt they would not last long versus a proper attack..
I slap Rhynox and he barely feels it, but is likely still rather annoyed.

An ogre pats a newb on the head and woops they accidentally break their neck and kill them.

Perhaps it should only work on players, to prevent some bouncing type abuse.
But in terms of it being unacceptable damage for free, it should be much less than one wack with a weapon would generate.
So no benefit over actually attacking them apart from you aren't going to kill them with a slap. Well not unless the size difference is gigantic.

Perhaps you start moving towards to person first and a short delay so they can run if they don't want to chance it.

Is it just twisted old me that thinks this would be cool?
Last edited by Tarax the Terrible on 27 May 2010 17:44, edited 3 times in total.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Rhaegar
Legend

Re: Adding injury to insult!

Post by Rhaegar » 27 May 2010 17:38

You meant dwarves bearhugging newbies to death?

Anyway, I don't think it's such a good idea... I'm scared what all the hidden S/M people would start doing...
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 27 May 2010 17:40

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned spanking!
But it was always one of the favourite ways Darkaan used trying to get people to attack him.

The rest of the S&M types rarely leave Sybarus.. :P

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 27 May 2010 19:38

Wasn't the Rockfriend belt damage that was removed similar? I know they still have bearhug...
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 27 May 2010 20:10

Yes, I don't know when the belt was removed but I have seen them use it in the last year or so. It was an emote that I was actually never able to find out how to use, but other's still could.

And while the bearhug only does minute damage it still is technically illegal as racial guilds are supposed to offer 0 combat aid.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 28 May 2010 02:31

I dont see the problem in adding a "dirty fighting" function in combat actually.
Like a knee to the groin/abdomen, the occational headbutt, backhanding et cetra.
Not a whole lot of damage at all but fires off on a random interval.

And ALL should have it regardless of guild affiliations..
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 07 Jun 2010 15:18

I like your thinking...
So Knights could have the option but never use it.
Rangers, they would be all over it like a rash.. But how could we tell the difference from their current fighting style? :P

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 07 Jun 2010 15:42

Tarax the Terrible wrote:I like your thinking...
So Knights could have the option but never use it.
Rangers, they would be all over it like a rash.. But how could we tell the difference from their current fighting style? :P
They would be more vigorous in putting knees to your groin? :lol:
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 08 Jun 2010 19:02

Rockfriends have bearhug, which does some damage based on strength (with supreme strength you should be able to kill a rat in Sparkle). I can get a urchin from Sybarus to hurt or very hurt, can't remember. Not sure if it actually damages people with enough strength to stay feeling very well.

The belt attack does 1 hp of damage as far as I know, I find it funny to kill someone with it because it meant he was fighting with only one point of health (^0^)

Rockfriends have some other pretty good stuff. With thirsty you can show your intoxication level to others. With frighten you can check someone else's discipline as well as your own axe skill. With show off you can compare your axe skill against the others in the room. With swing you can check how encumbered someone is. And Rockfriends used to be able to drink above extremely obliviated.

Neidars got slap, which compares your strength to someone else's strength. However, I really like dbang, which bangs your head to adjust your helm against someone else's head.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 08 Jun 2010 19:55

Yeah, RFs got some really, really nice stuff there. I'd really like to see more of similar things across the guilds.
Also, most of you are probably too big for that now, but if you have some very small second you don't like to play or something, go to Khalakhor AG and train something there. The show is really worth the cash ^_^
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/