Leatherwork

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drazson
Titan

Leatherwork

Post by Drazson » 13 Nov 2016 05:24

Being a smith while not feeling that much into all this iron and sweat gave me an idea, not sure if it has been suggested before but I will drop it here.

I was just thinking that working with leathers to make things could be a thing to master and make great use of as an adventurer who doesnt like to rush head-first into stuff but still likes some protection. I am talking about something like being a tanner/weaver more or less.

A parallel of smiths really, able to make bows and bundles of arrows opposed to weapons (more ideas could help I guess) and leather pieces of armour or whole suits (just like smiths I guess) for the equivalent or the heavy metal armours made by blacksmiths. Adding cloaks to the mix sounds nice. Scabbards and other pieces of clothing one can find in shops sound like a logical inclusion too.

Well many things could happen but how does the idea sound?

Arman
Wizard

Re: Leatherwork

Post by Arman » 13 Nov 2016 06:07

I like it! Sounds like a good idea :)

One thing i've noticed with lower level characters is that having lighter quality armour is better than being collapsing with heavier metal armours :).

So would be an awesome craft guild for smaller toons. And could fit nicely in a place like Green Oaks, where there is already a leather worker selling nice leather gear. And then if you can get leather from skinning gibberers... perfect!

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 13 Nov 2016 09:44

Arman wrote:I like it! Sounds like a good idea :)

One thing i've noticed with lower level characters is that having lighter quality armour is better than being collapsing with heavier metal armours :).

So would be an awesome craft guild for smaller toons. And could fit nicely in a place like Green Oaks, where there is already a leather worker selling nice leather gear. And then if you can get leather from skinning gibberers... perfect!
Hmm... Perhaps I should revisit my idea of making hunting skill actually useful and making a skinning/fur gathering craft :)
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 13 Nov 2016 16:44

I am glad you liked it and hope we see something soon!

However, shouldn't leather armours be useful later or as well? Not as good, of course, but allow more dodging ability than wearing a heavy armour would or something? Not sure about the mechanics right now, my thoughts come from D&D structured rpgs. May not work for this game but still, sometimes ideas can fail miserably and that's okay!

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 14 Nov 2016 22:39

It does allow for "better dodging" in a way.

In general you fight better the less encumbered you are, so unless you are insanely strong, lighter items are always interesting.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/