Demon's Gate?

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhaegar
Legend

Demon's Gate?

Post by Rhaegar » 29 May 2010 19:03

Some of you probably tried out this MUD. It's been closed recently and they haven't got the new server for it. Do you think that maybe it would be possible to deal with them somehow and bring parts of it to Genesis?
DG used a bit different overall settings (critical hits resulting in wounds you had to heal or you would constantly lose health, different skills etc.) but maybe just getting some rooms and quests in? There were a couple of really great domains.

Just a wild thought. What do you think about it?
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Demon's Gate?

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 29 May 2010 22:20

Played it a bit, was about 1 person on. They had some cool guilds tho
Had also reduced the effect of brute.. Import that bit!
;)
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 29 May 2010 22:43

From interesting things, they also had:
- leadership stat, it increased from leading teams (very, very slowly) and increased the amount of exp gained by the team
- exploration stat, which increased for exploring (you got a tiny bit of general xp whenever you entered a room for the first time) and let you know how much of the world you had explored

But what I'd be more interested in (apart from some very cool guilds, like Tarax mentioned) would be some very nice areas with really cool quests in them :twisted:

Enkil
Beginner

Post by Enkil » 29 May 2010 22:48

I know this is a Gen forum but it would be interesting
to know what guilds and domain you praise.
Im a former arch wizard there.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 29 May 2010 23:34

Well, the Wizards were very nice, especially with the specializations (I used to be the Master of the Crypt for a while there).
But for me, Blacksmiths there have to take the cherry, compared to them, Genesis smiths are like crawling babies vs Usain Bolt.
And don't get me started on Khiraa, but that was Genesis stuff first, so it doesn't count :)

Other guilds were pretty damn cool too, maybe except racial guild for ducks (sorry, ducks were ruining the mood for me there) and this ogre-like tree lovers... Forgot how they were called.

And the domains... Well, I don't really remember their names. France was pretty neat, the area with Darkleaf forest, this place where elven racial guild was (and I think that dwarven guild was there too)...

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 30 May 2010 03:57

Yeah ducks was weird. My char liked to script kill the whole lot of em.
Was fun to write a robot and no-one else about so no big deal.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 30 May 2010 07:36

Once again... no offense Rhaergar, but the last thing Genesis needs is expansion with new content. Expansion and updating of current game content needs to be taken care of first and the playerbase needs to grow. Even now especially at nights for me there are about 10 people on, and I won't run into anyone the entire time. Add more domains and I'll never see anyone.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 30 May 2010 09:48

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 30 May 2010 10:54

Ilrahil wrote:Once again... no offense Rhaergar, but the last thing Genesis needs is expansion with new content. Expansion and updating of current game content needs to be taken care of first and the playerbase needs to grow. Even now especially at nights for me there are about 10 people on, and I won't run into anyone the entire time. Add more domains and I'll never see anyone.
That's odd. I rarely see less than 25 people online and sometimes it reaches 50+...

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 30 May 2010 16:51

The effort of balancing the stuff being brought in and checking for loopholes etc would probably be prohibitive atm.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/