Goblins...goblins everywhere!

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Goblins...goblins everywhere!

Post by gorboth » 26 Nov 2016 03:28

I think Arman's point - that the upcoming release of new magic guilds and recoded magic guilds will make it interesting to see how races which favor mental stats fare - is particularly important right now.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 26 Nov 2016 04:26

gorboth wrote:I think Arman's point - that the upcoming release of new magic guilds and recoded magic guilds will make it interesting to see how races which favor mental stats fare - is particularly important right now.

G.
so we'll have 50/50 goblins/elves nowadays? :) (sure step in right direction -> but we'll still need 4 more of such steps)

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 26 Nov 2016 05:30

Wait what new magic guilds? Upcoming? Please don't meme me with Christmas :)

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 26 Nov 2016 05:36

School of High Magic and Cult of Chemosh. Coming eventually.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 26 Nov 2016 05:50

I have read about Chemosh a bit in the forums. What's up with the High magic one? Is there a post about it?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 26 Nov 2016 12:03

Drazson wrote:I have read about Chemosh a bit in the forums. What's up with the High magic one? Is there a post about it?
I have deliberately not posted anything about the School of High Magic, beyond seeking beta testers for it. It is a project I've been working on since late 2015 - a unique occupational magic guild with limited joining requirements (racial), that will provide players of Genesis something they've never really had... The opportunity to experience a solid magic occupational guild without councils to answer to and minimal rules, allowing you the freedom to play a wizard as you please. It will suit those players that loved the Academics, but found there was no stepping stone for them to progress to when they decided magic was for them.

While on one hand it is nice to update players on concepts and progress, sometimes it can be frustrating for players when it seems it has stalled or isn't progressing. Kind of like Star Citizen :). Anyway, because the new magic system was such an unknown to me and a lot of features were largely untested, i thought it better not to build any expectations. And in hindsight it was probably a good thing, as there have been a few global issues needing resolving for it to progress :). We've been in closed beta since May, and have been going through balance review since that point too. There is quite a bit of necessary process involved in opening something like this :).

So having said that, why tell you all this now? Well, the guild has been approved to open by the AoB and Gorboth has approved an opening date. There is just one issue that needs to be resolved, that may delay the launch, but once that is sorted there will be a public announcement.

Stay tuned.

A.K

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 26 Nov 2016 13:48

Arman wrote:Stay tuned.
You bet!

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 26 Nov 2016 18:05

Hopefully all new magic guilds are balanced and scrutinized heavily. There's been problems with that in the past.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 26 Nov 2016 19:00

Mersereau wrote:Hopefully all new magic guilds are balanced and scrutinized heavily. There's been problems with that in the past.

As far as I've been told, there is a formula that makes the powerfull,but not like in the past since they are getting some drawback for some plus etc etc, its not like before, all pwoer.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 26 Nov 2016 21:57

Draugor wrote:As far as I've been told, there is a formula that makes the powerfull,but not like in the past since they are getting some drawback for some plus etc etc, its not like before, all pwoer.

I would have to strenuously disagree.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/