Bonk deleted

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Bonk deleted

Post by Draugor » 13 Dec 2016 21:06

Melarec wrote:An easy solution would be for players to send a mail OOC saying, "Hey, this isn't fun; could you please take a break from killing me?"
Then, if they kept killing them, report it to the administration for investigation.
Players should be able to work out their differences without having to involve a Wizard.
It's like two kids fighting on the playground. Ridiculous.

Then we might just put the old rules in place, if I recall you got slapped hard if you killed someone without having a good justified reason. Also a size barrier somehow.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 13 Dec 2016 21:22

Draugor wrote:
Ody wrote:So..you support griefing, Draugor?

Side note. If the point of the PvP system is to grief people and griefing people is totally fine. Why is griefing against the rules? If the reverse is true, grifing is against the rules, then the PvP system is flawed. Either way something needs to be changed or the rules need to be redefined.

Not exactly sure how you could get that from what I wrote but okay :P

I'm stating a fact, they are griefing, its what they do. If they dont have a reason, they create one, or just do it anyways. A pvp area will hold no interest to them since they do it cause of posts like this and the ones Snedecor are doing :P

I dont support it, I understand it from their point of view, I also get where some of you are comming from alltho the rules are what they are. And you're all triggering them, oh god how you trigger them to do more :P
Second reasonable note from Draugor in the very same thread! DAMN!

That's exactly the point here. Gorboth - you really believe that guys you are 'targetting' with your note will do some kind of self-relfection, wil feel ashamed or something? When they read it they will be rather like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Is current situation cool or something? Of course not...but you won't beat griefers with whining...you just sharpen their weapons. Changes to the rules (won't suggest anything here since I am not particularly good with these hue hue) or mechanics (pvp being rewarding for hunter instead of being punishing for the prey for example) are required here.

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 14 Dec 2016 00:18

Melarec wrote:An easy solution would be for players to send a mail OOC saying, "Hey, this isn't fun; could you please take a break from killing me?"
Then, if they kept killing them, report it to the administration for investigation.
Players should be able to work out their differences without having to involve a Wizard.

I would suggest against this highly. As Draugor pointed out about catalysts... OOC'ing a roleplayer adds you to the list again.
Just sayin

Val
Apprentice

Post by Val » 14 Dec 2016 01:11

I also agree Draugor hit the point.
Why Bonk was such a perfect target? Beacuse it hurt him so much.

Snedecor
Wanderer

Post by Snedecor » 14 Dec 2016 09:34

It is a shame.

ANd yes, leave it to Draugor to pretend that the BDA has not caused great harm to the donut through random (and might I add, those I have been able to verify, false) claims.

Truly it's not about sides unless we want to become just another prison experiment with fake guards and fake prisoners. It should be about the community.

The way people been acting I don't get.

Snedecor
Wanderer

Post by Snedecor » 14 Dec 2016 09:39

Etanukar wrote:

I would suggest against this highly. As Draugor pointed out about catalysts... OOC'ing a roleplayer adds you to the list again.
Just sayin
At least for the morgul mages it sure does apparently. I'd wish you guys would be willing to have frank discussions sometimes.

#sidetrack

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 14 Dec 2016 11:22

Snedecor wrote:
Etanukar wrote:

Just sayin
At least for the morgul mages it sure does apparently. I'd wish you guys would be willing to have frank discussions sometimes.

#sidetrack
Don't. Trying to have a "frank" discussion with them ingame is like having a "frank" discussion with the devil. Try other channels. :)
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 14 Dec 2016 14:07

I was thinking not to respond on this thread, but i just cant help myself. The Donut has a serious problem, and we need the wizards to interfere when things are going too far.

Bonk was my friend, he helped me out a lot, and he was fun to be with.

Apparently the BDA had a big problem with him for things that Bonk would have done in the past. I dont know, this was before my time. I personally dont understand this: if one (in this case Bonk) does something that hurts another guild (apparently bda ive been told), then why not punish him once... Why over and over again... And why in the name of a war?
This is where the problem is and why the wizards have problems acting on it, because they should not interfere in a war between mortals.
But when you check for the reasons of the war, it comes all down to a few people (in this case Bonk and some other people in other guilds) that did something (dont get me wrong, this is what bda says, was before my time). It seems the BDA are smart enough to go on with this way of hunting people down in the name of a war, so they cannot be punished by the wizards....

Also the BDA where not the only people who hunted him over and over. When i hunted with Bonk he was always scared of a certain mage, who killed him, and at least one of his chars i know about, more than once. Bonk could not tell me why this mage was after him, it was certainly not something that concerned all the mages, since the other mages left him alone.
Bonk probably did not contact a wizard, and that is his decision.

Point is Bonk could not play for several months just for fun, had always the stress of being hunted.

WHY! Arent we all adults (okay some are not)? When one does something wrong (and remember its all roleplay, dont hate the puppetmaster) why not punish once and leave it alone?

I dont have a solution for this, but we need a solution.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 14 Dec 2016 14:28

gold bezie wrote:WHY! Arent we all adults (okay some are not)? When one does something wrong (and remember its all roleplay, dont hate the puppetmaster) why not punish once and leave it alone?

I do agree, but i also think the World in general needs the same fix.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Dec 2016 14:58

Alisa wrote:
gold bezie wrote:WHY! Arent we all adults (okay some are not)? When one does something wrong (and remember its all roleplay, dont hate the puppetmaster) why not punish once and leave it alone?

I do agree, but i also think the World in general needs the same fix.
Well, I don't think we will be able to fix the world.:)

As for killing each other. Well, we very rarely interfere when players fight. Why? Well, for the most part it's just none of our business to have any say in who fights who. Wizards should not care about how mortals play as long as they follow the game rules. The only time we do interfere is if we suspect there are some sort of cheating or harassment going on.

And we do get quite a lot of complaints when it comes to PVP, and we always look into such reports. However, for the most part it's completely impossible to decide who is to "blame". In this case, and most of the others, it ends up being a "he/she started it"-discussion, that never leads anywhere.

Player A kills player B, because player A did something. Player A did whatever they did because player B did something before that. And so on. And it can go years back. And it's of course not only player A and B, but lots of different players involved in a huge mess of different variation of "but they started it".

Was Bonk an innocent victim? Did he bring this on all by himself? Well, neither probably. Or both. This particular case is not something that came as a surprise, and it's something we've investigated in order to determine if there has been any harassment going on. We were never able to find proof of anything like that, and both sides have been involved in numerous actions towards the other. As long as nobody breaks game rules, it's up to the players to sort out their problems. It's sad when a player who has played a long time does not want to play Genesis anymore of course, like Mersereau said, players stop playing for a large number of reasons, and that's quite natural. When someone quits because of PVP, it often get a lot of attention though. We rarely hear much from thos ewho quit because they dont like the RP, the questing, the grinding, the guilds, the magic system, or whatever other reason they may have.

That said, obviously there is room for improvement when it comes to PVP in Genesis. The number of reports about PVP to the AoP clearly indicate a lot of players do not enjoy the PVP part of the game, and that's definitely something we must take serious.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/