Bonk deleted

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kas
Legend

Re: Bonk deleted

Post by Kas » 14 Dec 2016 15:41

gold bezie wrote: ... Bonk could not tell me why this mage was after him ...
As if he didn't know, or as if he wouldn't tell you?

It seems to me there is a common occurence that people won't reveal the main reason they was hunted/slain on public boards, and can sadly mislead people into the wrong conclusions.

But, when it comes to general pvp, participance in a war or being a member of some faction that warrs may put you in the line of fire. It shouldn't come as a suprise. :)
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 14 Dec 2016 16:42

Cherek: Again. The problems with PvP comes down to a size issue. A stat cap and an edit to growth would do wonders to cut back on those complaints you get. That or making PvP specific to only certain areas. The former being much more preferred, however.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 14 Dec 2016 16:58

with stat cap implemented Bonk would delete himself long time ago...just sayin :D

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 14 Dec 2016 17:52

Some notes above someone told Bonk could chage the guild. But what for? The war would came to this guild as well. As far as I remember the war BDA against all the world we had last year, when Bonk left knights and joined Calia, BDA generał has declared war against Calia. And not because some actions Bonk did or Calia did, but to let Hunt Bonk. Ok he could leave Calia. But where he could go if BDA declared a war against Monks as well?
And another issue, that could let you think about real resons of war. Bonk's alt was kicked out from BDA a day after join from Mercs (where he was for some time already) only because High command of BDA knew it was Bonk's alt, and no matter he was RP like a true BDA (conquered a few areas).

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Dec 2016 18:33

Ody wrote:Cherek: Again. The problems with PvP comes down to a size issue. A stat cap and an edit to growth would do wonders to cut back on those complaints you get. That or making PvP specific to only certain areas. The former being much more preferred, however.
Yeah, it's no secret that the big size differences makes PVP a very unfair affair. Some argue of course that it's how it should be. People who spend many years growing huge should be able to kill small players, and that anyone can grow huge after spending enough time doing it. So one could argue it is fair as it is since everyone can pick the right race, the right guild, and become huge. In theory anyway.

In reality, I personally think a more even playing field is a requirement for fun PVP, and that it should not take several years for a new player to be able to compete. It's something we discuss in the wiz world quite often too, and there's always lots of ideas. But finding a solution that won't make a large portion of the players unhappy, and then making it happen, is not an easy thing. I think if we could make PVP fun for a much larger part of the players, we would improve the overall fun people have by a lot, and it's one of the key questions that _I_ think are important.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 14 Dec 2016 20:37

You all have some serious memory problems or do not learn from history.

While I don't really know nor care about the circumstances surrounding Bonk's deletion or what the Blue's are currently doing to the Calian's let me go ahead and catch some of you young ones bitching about the Blue's "griefing" Calians up and give a recent history lesson to the ones complaining who participated in the last war.

Two years ago now.. maybe less the shoe was on the other foot. The Calian's were "griefing" the living **** out of BDA all focused around my position in the guild particularly. Anyone that was teamed with me, assisted on trigger, or looked at them the wrong way was fair game and there are people bitching in this thread (Alisa I'll go ahead and call you out directly) about the same behavior happening now. They went out of their way to find me at all turns even going to the Holm with four person teams, scrying me religiously, and using autohunt triggers. Little BDA's were getting nuked in Sparkle left and right and very similar demands to the ones the BDA posted recently on the general board that I read were given to end the war. The only difference. The Blue's followed through, booted me from the guild and ended it because the players in question (mentioned below) don't have a notion as to how to playerfight properly.

Now basically from what I can gather your Calian saviors (Castaneda, Maxyz, Bast) aren't around anymore... and the ones that do remain don't like the taste of the medicine they were more than happy to dish out. Grow the f*** up. You don't like it? Well let me give you the same advice I was given when it was happening to me "tough s**t."

Merry Christmas ya filthy Animals and a Happy New Year! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 14 Dec 2016 21:18

There's peace now. PvP with Calia is now restricted to the ones you mentioned, and Habiki owes a death. This would be made public on the forums right after the Bonk-episode, except.. it was somehow.. not, and stayed in Sparkle only.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 14 Dec 2016 21:37

And the reward for largest understatement goes to:
Cherek wrote:That said, obviously there is room for improvement when it comes to PVP in Genesis.
:twisted:

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 14 Dec 2016 21:47

Ody wrote:Cherek: Again. The problems with PvP comes down to a size issue. A stat cap and an edit to growth would do wonders to cut back on those complaints you get. That or making PvP specific to only certain areas. The former being much more preferred, however.
Agree to disagree. The HUGE disparity in guild power has quite a lot to do with it.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 14 Dec 2016 21:50

Yeah, Calians are so underpowered.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/