storytellersclub is not working at the moment

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gold bezie
Expert

storytellersclub is not working at the moment

Post by gold bezie » 05 Feb 2017 20:33

Hello wizards,

For a while now it has not been possible to write a story in the storytellersclub.
The wizards Gorboth and Varian had tried to see what is wrong but they do not seem to be able to fix it.

It is impossible to use the commands &, =, POS, PRO, OBJ and NAM, if you do use them when you write
a story the story will be copied only in the scroll until the first one of these commands.
Without using these commands one can not tell a story, because there will be no breaks, it will go too fast
for others to read what you are telling. Also we have no goodlooking emotes when we tell a story without
those commands

A storytellersclub without the ability to write stories is not a real storytellersclub.
Now for a long time there where hardly any people who wrote stories, but now finally we have two
new stories to add, and it s just sad we can not write them.

If there is any wizard who has the time and wants to try to see what is wrong with the club, please do!
I would be very grateful.
Might be wise to contact Gorboth first, he has tried to fix it and was not able to figure out what is wrong with it.

Otherwise i would suggest to close the club or change the club so people know we no longer can write stories.

Goldbezie
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Orien
Apprentice

Re: storytellersclub is not working at the moment

Post by Orien » 05 Feb 2017 23:19

That sounds like one of my bug while writing script: gwc.connection.send('%%');
The above code send command %% to the server through script, well it was bugged and removed all codes from and below that line.

Orien are cute (Cool too) kender, if ya disagree with Orien, Orien agree with ya, Orien loves all ^bounce^

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 06 Feb 2017 11:51

I have been unable to reproduce this.
Please make sure that your client is not intercepting the lines.

There are alot of issues with the club however, hopefully some wiz will be interested in fixing a few bugs there...

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 06 Feb 2017 12:27

Thanks to Cotillion it is now clear what was wrong. Ill put something on the board of the storytellersclub so people know how
to write a scroll correct.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/