Old players

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Titan

Old players

Post by Avatar » 16 Feb 2017 01:18

Would it not be an idea to involve the old playerbase in looking at the game as it is today and how it, maybe, should be?

The experience would, and should, be something that should be tapped into, or.....?

Edit:

Actually, thinking it over, a panel of wizards, old players and new players would be best, in order to cover all bases.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Old players

Post by Cherek » 17 Feb 2017 11:28

Avatar wrote:Would it not be an idea to involve the old playerbase in looking at the game as it is today and how it, maybe, should be?

The experience would, and should, be something that should be tapped into, or.....?

Edit:

Actually, thinking it over, a panel of wizards, old players and new players would be best, in order to cover all bases.
Isn't that what we do here on the forums already? Discuss various ideas and suggestions to improve the game?

I think you need to explain in a little more detail how you would see this work. What exactly would this panel do that we do not already do in here?

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 17 Feb 2017 11:46

The quotes "Wiz and do it yourself!" and "Maybe next x-mas" comes to mind.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Titan

Post by Avatar » 17 Feb 2017 15:03

On second thought. Forget it.

This forum does function as a panel. At least the Genesis way. A lot of yelling, screaming, slandering, bitching, whining, moaning and whatnot, which usually ends with nothing.

I dont know why I keep wanting to spend time and energy on improving things in, and around, this game.

Consider me retired from that.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 17 Feb 2017 16:43

I think what Avatar was looking for was a select group that would represent all "pockets" of the realms - new, old, good, evil, casual, hardcore - that would get together with a mindset of non arguing and bitching .. and actually be a group the wizards to go to for ideas/discussions. And those involved in this group would be a bit more bound in terms of an obligation to be constructive in their approach. Not just say they dislike the idea and crap all over it.

But .. I'm just guessing .. so he would need to confirm.

Edited to add:

(There are a lot of people with this mindset who avoid the forums because of its tendency to devolve into mindless arguing and spewing of flames .. so they might be some of the people you'd want involved)
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Feb 2017 23:28

Avatar: Chill.:) I simply asked if you could elaborate on how you would see your suggestion work, and how it would be different from the forums.

As for the forums, you really think there still is a lot of the stuff you described? I think it became a lot better since we installed the Thread-o-Bot Moderation System (tm).

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 30 Apr 2017 11:40

Everyone in the game is involved, especially everyone who posts here.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/