Crowdfunding money to pay someone to improve the client?

General discussion about the Genesis Web Client located at https://www.genesismud.org/play/

Moderator: Eowul

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Makfly
Champion

Crowdfunding money to pay someone to improve the client?

Post by Makfly » 11 Mar 2017 09:18

I'm generally impressed with the official client, and I presume it has helped many new players get easy access to the game.

One feature that is gravely missing though, is a way to create scrolls/books and maps via the client.
zMud have a editor window, where you can paste in to from notepad or something, and then send it all in one go. So something like that could work.

It seems the feature is already on wishlist* in this forum, and so I am wondering if it would be possible to do a push to get this feature created, so players using the web client can start contributing to the cool maps, scrolls and books created in various Genesis libraries.

Would it be possible to try and crowdfund some money and pay someone to create this much needed addition to the client, or is that not possible or not wanted for one reason or another?
And if it would be a possibility, do anyone have an estimate of how much it might cost to pay someone to create this feature?

Also if there already is a way to do the above through the web client, and I simply do not know it, I'd be interested in hearing how :-)

*I presume this 'Multiple commands in input field' actually covers what I am refering to.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

cotillion
Site Admin

Re: Crowdfunding money to pay someone to improve the client?

Post by cotillion » 12 Mar 2017 15:37

Makfly wrote: One feature that is gravely missing though, is a way to create scrolls/books and maps via the client.
zMud have a editor window, where you can paste in to from notepad or something, and then send it all in one go. So something like that could work.

It seems the feature is already on wishlist* in this forum, and so I am wondering if it would be possible to do a push to get this feature created, so players using the web client can start contributing to the cool maps, scrolls and books created in various Genesis libraries.
Hit: ctrl+enter

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 12 Mar 2017 17:04

Cool -- did not know about that . Thanks Cotillion
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 12 Mar 2017 18:10

cotillion wrote:
Makfly wrote: One feature that is gravely missing though, is a way to create scrolls/books and maps via the client.

Hit: ctrl+enter
Excellent! I will have to test it ASAP.

If this is already possible and on the Wishlist still, I have to ask if making Paths are also possible, even though it's on the Wishlist? :-)
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/