Client for Genesis (Mac/Win/Linux) (Insomnia adventures)

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laani
Novice

Re: Client for Genesis (Mac/Win/Linux) (Insomnia adventures)

Post by Laani » 09 Mar 2015 18:45

I thought I'd give Mudlet a shot after using the web client for a couple of days, since the idea of more customization is tempting.
That being said, I'm running into a few issues setting it up for Genesis.

I'm using Hairetikos' additions, which seems to be working as far as everything I've tried. Keltar's mapper also seems to work fine (although I haven't tried Mudlet's default mapper to even know the difference!)

Is the magic map plugin still working (and compatible with the two things mentioned above)? The map just doesn't show up for me (it's a black box), although the gauges under the map area do.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Keltar
Wanderer

Post by Keltar » 09 Mar 2015 22:00

Laani wrote:I thought I'd give Mudlet a shot after using the web client for a couple of days, since the idea of more customization is tempting.
That being said, I'm running into a few issues setting it up for Genesis.

I'm using Hairetikos' additions, which seems to be working as far as everything I've tried. Keltar's mapper also seems to work fine (although I haven't tried Mudlet's default mapper to even know the difference!)

Is the magic map plugin still working (and compatible with the two things mentioned above)? The map just doesn't show up for me (it's a black box), although the gauges under the map area do.

Any help would be appreciated! :)
As far as I know, Mudlet does not have any default mapper. That is why I created the script for Genesis.
I cant say anything about the magic map plugin, is there one ?

Laani
Novice

Post by Laani » 10 Mar 2015 00:10

Keltar wrote:As far as I know, Mudlet does not have any default mapper. That is why I created the script for Genesis.
I cant say anything about the magic map plugin, is there one ?
It was posted earlier in this topic:
https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... =90#p24243

The post after that shows it working, but this was from Aug 2014, so I have no idea if something's changed to break it or if it's just me.

Dixel
Beginner

Post by Dixel » 13 Mar 2015 07:59

Hey all!

So right now i have everything running in mudlet 3.0 ...... magic map, mapper, and the "for genesis" great info display that Hairetikos made....

there's a few hiccups here and there but everything works together.... let's get down to the issues...

first, mapper, it is not correctly recognizing new areas, and i'm playing with the newarea/deletearea aliases and still no luck on how to make it realize i moved to another area..... it just maps over the other map, and ends up like a laberinth that makes no sense, with wrongly mapped rooms from other areas..... for now i let it be, since tweaking to fix it means understanding mudlet inner mapper functions. (http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Mapper_Functions)

magic map works perfectly, but it's missing some areas (same as web client, probably not mapped), the issue that this has in conjunction with Hairetikos additions, is that they both occupy the same place.... so the info is directly above the map, effectively blocking the magic map from view....

Hairetikos additions include a dropdown box, all maps here are gone, linking to 404 pages.. BUT! all orbs seem to work (links to external pages), the Client Help! is AMAZING, and will probably help a lot when modifying this... resetting variables is working as expected, and dump info is a nice addition as well....
this script seems to include some main features, and a lot of placeholders for unfinished features....
the only script that seems broken is "path" since it cannot find a local file "saved_paths.lua", this can probably be fixed by simply creating the file manually, or later on adding a create file function.....

i'm trying to make them both fit in my screen, but it's not large enough, too much info cluttered in a small place, specially the magic map takes up a lot of space (+40% of my screen)....

if you need any help setting this up, let me know.... and if i'm able to fix some of the problems above, i'll post the results here as well =)

cheers....

EDIT: so, i managed to fit everything in my screen... removed the bars from the magic map, and tweaked a bit with the position of Hairetikos stats... it looks like the attachment now.... regretfully, it will probably not look the same in any other resolution that isnt 1366x768 (this is a laptop)... i can show you where to modify the width/height and where the template for the onscreen data is, so you can tweak with it yourself though....
Attachments
MudletLayoutWithScripts.png
Mudlet with stat scripts
MudletLayoutWithScripts.png (135.94 KiB) Viewed 16304 times

Keltar
Wanderer

Post by Keltar » 13 Mar 2015 20:34

Dixel wrote: first, mapper, it is not correctly recognizing new areas, and i'm playing with the newarea/deletearea aliases and still no luck on how to make it realize i moved to another area..... it just maps over the other map, and ends up like a laberinth that makes no sense, with wrongly mapped rooms from other areas..... for now i let it be, since tweaking to fix it means understanding mudlet inner mapper functions. (http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Mapper_Functions)
Well, the rooms dont get moved automatically to the new area.
Create the new area with the newarea alias e.g. 'newarea Sparkle'
Select the rooms you want to move, then right click and choose 'area' to move the rooms to the desired area.

Dixel
Beginner

Post by Dixel » 14 Mar 2015 01:40

oh, so you have to move the rooms to the correct area? i didnt try that, thanks for the clarification =)

Dixel
Beginner

Post by Dixel » 25 Mar 2015 03:39

So... the magic map pack stopped working.... and i see now that magic map data is being sent in the gmcp.room.... and that https://www.genesismud.org/magicmap/ is gone.... this change was probably done some days ago... could we get an updated magic map pack for this? (i tried looking at the code but it seems more complex than simply changing a line to redirect the download and im not sure if the format is still compatible, as i dont know what format it was in before....)

Dixel
Beginner

Post by Dixel » 25 Mar 2015 10:12

on a brighter note, this break down forced me to fix the mapper.... here's an improved version that moves areas using the ships "arrived at" as trigger.... (there may be other triggers to move around in lands, either way you can manually change lands using the alias list, read it for more info, i believe its self explainatory) and keeps track of previous lands, so for ex, using "home", works fine....
you only need to set up the first time you boot it up, adding the correct name of the land you are in... using the command in the aliasses.... i also included a prompt with the command.... (cant remember exactly the name now, it was newarea i think)
also, you might need to move around the rooms after they are placed, since certain areas are too crowded and need some spacing between rooms, just click the room, then right click, then move.... you can also delete a room in the same fashion.... try not to delete the room ur standing in... dont remember if i solved that bug.... xD
anywayz... enjoy =)

Edit: if you do delete the room ur standing in, do listareas, check the id of where you are, and then do setarea <ID>.... same goes if you want to manually change lands, perhaps cuz ur moving using other means than boats, and "arrived at" doesnt show.... though the system recognizes old rooms, so it wont let you set another area if it's an already explored room...... in that case, you will have to delete that room(s) and setarea to something else....

Edit2: deleting an area with rooms in it might have issues, since they are detected as "old rooms already explored", and might redirect there even if the area is deleted...
if you get the Area name wrong, there's an alias to change the name of an Area, you need to put the area ID and the new name, it's with the other aliases... though i discourage name changing since it will mess up with the "arrived at" trigger to switch areas... it might be useful if you mess up with the initial configuration.... that requires the area Name your standing in (with first letter capitalized)
Attachments
Mapper_Modified.rar
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 943 times

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 14 Feb 2016 19:05

Simple vitals and status bars for mudlet - gmcp.

How to install:

Download and save file Vitals20160213.zip.

To install the package in mudlet go:
Package Manager -> Install -> choose 'Vitals20150213.zip' -> Ok

Now in Scripts section you will see catalogue Vitals20160213 and Vitals
There should be scripts:

Containers - sets containers for vital and status bars
SetVitalsBars - sets bars for vitals: health, mana, fatigue, food, drink, intox
SetStatusBars - sets bars for status: align, mail
SetVitals - converts vital text levels from mud into numbers for bars/gauges
SetStatus - converts status text levels from mud into numbers for bars/gauges
GMCP_Vitals - vitals that genesis server provides in gmcp: health, mana, fatigue, food, drink, intoxication
GMCP_Status - status that genesis server provides in gmcp: align, mail
SetVitalsLabels - sets names in front of vital bars
SetStatusLabels - sets names in front of status bars
Attachments
Vitals20160213.zip
Simple vital bars package for mudlet
(4.49 KiB) Downloaded 902 times

Dakhor
Apprentice

Post by Dakhor » 28 Mar 2017 14:04

Hello all Mudlet users!

Mudlet 3.0 final is now out and finally the 3.0 branch is stable and works for OSX for those of us who
have a fruit computer.

I am trying to learn lua coding in order to understand the mapper scripts, gmcp etc, in order to modify them the way I would like it to run.

Its all a learning process.

/DaC

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/