Forum Editing

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Melarec
Rising Hero

Forum Editing

Post by Melarec » 02 May 2017 18:37

I thought posts showed when they were edited by a Moderator..
Such as in a (very) recent post of mine that contains something I did not write, but no tag indicating the Edit ever occurred.

(Also, I find it interesting that they left in the "Wizard Tyranny" bit and took out whatever it was I wrote after the picture.. I can't even remember what that was now. Probably something clever..)

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Forum Editing

Post by Cherek » 02 May 2017 19:34

Melarec wrote:I thought posts showed when they were edited by a Moderator..
Such as in a (very) recent post of mine that contains something I did not write, but no tag indicating the Edit ever occurred.

(Also, I find it interesting that they left in the "Wizard Tyranny" bit and took out whatever it was I wrote after the picture.. I can't even remember what that was now. Probably something clever..)
The thread-o-bot does what it does when it detects stuff it doesn't like! No idea what you wrote, I didn't see it myself, so can't comment on that particular post. I suspect whatever it was broke one of our two rules though? Usually stuff that gets edited is marked in red though. Perhaps the thread-o-bot needs some maintenance.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 02 May 2017 20:00

And why would the Thread-o-Bot write something that makes the OP look like a fool?
If that's in its design, then yes, I'd say it does require some maintenance..

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 02 May 2017 20:31

wow botting has spread to the forums now
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 May 2017 02:09

Melarec wrote:And why would the Thread-o-Bot write something that makes the OP look like a fool?
If that's in its design, then yes, I'd say it does require some maintenance..
Well it's a gnomish machine... reliability isn't their main focus always.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 03 May 2017 02:43

Cherek wrote:I suspect whatever it was broke one of our two rules though?
I recall the line now and it was:
"It was right here the whole time!" (Perhaps not verbatim, I still can't quite remember..)
Does that break any of the rules?

No, I believe the Thread-o-Bot is in fine working order.
I suspect there to be a Moderator that simply does not wish to speak on the matter.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 May 2017 15:48

Melarec wrote:
"It was right here the whole time!" (Perhaps not verbatim, I still can't quite remember..)

I suspect there to be a Moderator that simply does not wish to speak on the matter.
Oh now I see why you post was edited and the topic locked. Don't you know the prophecy about Liw....Li....? I can't even say it. It wasn't that you broke any forum rules, it was that you mentioned L...Li... *sigh* The thread-o-bot will cut any mention of that to shreds immediately. And for good reason. It might just have saved the entire donut by doing so. So just, don't!

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 03 May 2017 20:20

Cherek wrote:
Melarec wrote:

Oh now I see why you post was edited and the topic locked. Don't you know the prophecy about Liw....Li....? I can't even say it. It wasn't that you broke any forum rules, it was that you mentioned L...Li... *sigh* The thread-o-bot will cut any mention of that to shreds immediately. And for good reason. It might just have saved the entire donut by doing so. So just, don't!
Except it didn't cut out the bit that mentioned the Promised Land or Master Styles..
It edited out a purely harmless line and replaced it with a foolish sentence.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 May 2017 00:43

Yeah I don't know Melarec. I don't know what the original post said, and I didn't edit it. Perhaps an error was made? Or maybe you forgot what you wrote and thought it was edited? Maybe you're writing foolish things and then try to blame us?!:)

No, really, I don't know what or why this happened. Like I said if we edit something we usually do it with a bold red color.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/