Death recovery-- help needed

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Maisey
Beginner

Death recovery-- help needed

Post by Maisey » 03 May 2017 19:54

I would like some tips on how death recovery works. Is it a certain number of logins? a certain amount of gametime? Or is it in relation to a pure experience (questing exp/ general exp/ grinding exp)? Or just exp gained from grinding?

I am asking because I've died recently (again-- bit of a habit) , and in a previous death my recovery went away with almost no grinding-- I made a mistake and did some big quests, and I think: 1.) that did not lower my brute as it should have, and 2.) took death recovery away. However, I was new to death recovery at the time, So I don't have precise details and also wasn't sure if it might have had to do with logins etc.

Any light that the immortals could shed on this that would help make the most of recovery would be deeply appreciated.

Maisey

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Death recovery-- help needed

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 03 May 2017 20:28

I will add to the question if I may.

When u gain exp and pay a portion to guild tax how does that work with relation to brutality?
I think tax just reduces your combat exp going into the players pool. Then as the pool rises so does brutality.

So if u paid 100% guild tax u would be on recovery forever?

The alternative way is tax comes out after brutality calc, so higher taxed guilds would get less out of a death recovery?
I doubt it but just checking.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 04 May 2017 14:51

Maisey, the quests you made are the reason your recovery went away. You gained enough xp to regain the size you had before.
That your brute didn't go down is hard to guess about, but there being only like 25 levels of brute total, makes it quite impossible later on for it to drop, since you simply have too much combat xp. It is also a matter of where you are in that range. If you are almost at the next one, or almost tipped over, from combat.

Tarax, the more guild xp you pay, the slower you recovery. It is only those xp that is left for your stats that are put into recovering.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 May 2017 06:23

Thalric is right. You're only on death recovery until you have recovered to your previous size, and all XP you gain counts regardless of the type. You don't have to worry about any long term negative effects though, or that there is an issue with your brutality. Quest XP will always affect your brutality in the same way no matter if you got it while on death recovery or not. Your quest absolutely lowered your brutality, although like Thalric said, if it shows for you depends on how close to the next level you were.

For example: You are "very brutal", and you are really close to hitting "extremely brutal" (which you don't know of course). You do a bunch of quests, and nothing appear to happen and you feel "meh". However, now you are probably quite far from "extremely brutal". It doesn't show, but the numbers behind everything would reflect that. I promise! Brutality doesn't just bug out. It works like it should. For everyone.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 May 2017 06:28

Yes Tarax, if you paid 100% tax and died, you'd be on recovery forever as all the XP you gain would go to your guild, and nothing to your "body".

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 05 May 2017 07:53

Cherek wrote: It works like it should. For everyone.
Even Wizards?
(I don't mean to derail or anything.. Just curious.)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 05 May 2017 08:33

Wizards don't use exp. Unless of course they are playing for ante in the wizard lounge on a particularly drunken round of Texas Hold 'Em.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Tommo
Beginner

Post by Tommo » 19 Jan 2018 15:52

Cherek wrote:Thalric is right. You're only on death recovery until you have recovered to your previous size, and all XP you gain counts regardless of the type. You don't have to worry about any long term negative effects though, or that there is an issue with your brutality. Quest XP will always affect your brutality in the same way no matter if you got it while on death recovery or not. Your quest absolutely lowered your brutality, although like Thalric said, if it shows for you depends on how close to the next level you were.

For example: You are "very brutal", and you are really close to hitting "extremely brutal" (which you don't know of course). You do a bunch of quests, and nothing appear to happen and you feel "meh". However, now you are probably quite far from "extremely brutal". It doesn't show, but the numbers behind everything would reflect that. I promise! Brutality doesn't just bug out. It works like it should. For everyone.
This doesn't sound right to me (perhaps its changed since this post even) . If you change race when you die, how can the system know that you have reached your old size if you are not the same race? with all the modifiers etc it would be almost impossible to work this comparison out? Surely the recovery works on the amount of lost combat and general exp combined? and when these exp levels are recovered the death recovery stops? Adding quest exp into the mix doesn't make sense to me as :? thats never lost on death so it just adds to a total exp pot?

Sorry for the late post on this topic just having a good ole read of the forums - a hell of a lot to learn again...
Tommo

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 19 Jan 2018 18:37

Size is very non-deterministic, depends on your stat focus a lot. I don't think recovery is calculated towards your size. Most likely it remembers the amount of XP you've lost and ends when you gain the same amount of XP you've lost. I've recovered several times, one back to myth, in all the cases when I was done recovering I was different size than when I died.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Jan 2018 22:51

Tommo: I think we mean the same thing here. Let me try again:

Recovery has to do with the amount of total XP you have, regardless of your race or how many times you switch race. Your total XP is distributed to your stats, and are different based on the race you pick, but your total XP remains the same regardless of your race. Always.

As soon as you lose XP, recovery kicks in, and when you reach the amount of XP you had when you were the biggest you've ever been, recovery stops. Since your total XP is the combat, quest and general XP combined I believe that if you do a big quest while on recovery you can actually end up more brutal after doing the quest, since it increases the amount of total XP, and counts towards your recovery. I haven't confirmed this, or seen it happen, but theoretically it makes sense.

But, even if it happens, don' t worry, once you have recovered it does not matter, as your brute is always calculated from your total quest XP anyway, and you get the same amount of quest XP regardless if you do the quest while on recovery or not. So if you do a quest while on recovery or not, has no long term effects whatsoever.

Not sure if I made things more or less understandable...:)

And yes, XP works the same on wizards, but like Gorboth said XP is useless to us, as we can add or remove any type of XP to ourselves freely anyway, and we can't die. Not by any normals means at least. I bet Gorboth has some wiz-killer tool to zap us with if he badly needs to... *swallow*

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/