What Are Your Top Ideas for 2017

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

What Are Your Top Ideas for 2017

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 10 May 2017 23:22

What ideas are relevant to your characters day to day genesis life?
Post any and all ideas you feel like sharing.
Then later can have a poll and see what the popular ones are.

Here are some random ones
  • Title popper - A separate brute for guild exp, your existing guildstat in a guild would be all that effects how much of ur combat exp gets evaporated when adding exp to guild stat
  • Remembered list nostalga proof - A buff room or some way to archive people on your remembered list so you dont have to forget old friends and enemies to remember new ones
  • United we stand - Have more common reasons for big teams to be running around, global war or defend sparkle or wiz day or..?
  • Quest exp cap reachable - Do away with the notion that a only limited portion of the playerbase deserves to able to reach the cap, such ideas are similar to why a cap was required at all
  • Alternatives to traditional solo questing - Even if cap for normal players was set below the legacy cap there might be a lot of interest in exploring new ways for teams to earn qexp, as lonely solo quests can be a turn off
  • Tools for Player economy - Expand auction house to include herbs, gems, potions whatever. Set up a way for players to offer contracts on it or something similar, eg Item transactions
    I want a flaming black broadsword will pay 500 plats for saving, 280 for non saving
    or (Multi sellers allowed) I want 1000 attanar 10 gold each
    Agreed player services
    I will pay 500 platnium for detailed solution to quest x heheh
    I will pay 2000 silver for help killing Deep Dragon
    Offered! 2 elves can't tell if they are male or female - thirty minutes with them in Sybarus baths, do whatever you like!! 17 copper coins plus entry fee.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Cerin
Wanderer

Re: What Are Your Top Ideas for 2017

Post by Cerin » 10 May 2017 23:24

The removal of all NPCs shouting 50 billion times when they are attacked. Do away with all chatter from them completely when in combat.

Not only is it annoying to teams and people who can see but a huge obstacle that prevents blind players from enjoying the game.

And the overall spam of combat in general reduced. Scratches, special misses, parrys, dodges,
Last edited by Cerin on 10 May 2017 23:28, edited 2 times in total.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 10 May 2017 23:25

good one
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 10 May 2017 23:29

Cerin wrote:The removal of all NPCs shouting 50 billion times when they are attacked. Do away with all chatter from them completely when in combat.

Not only is it annoying to teams and people who can see but a huge obstacle that prevents blind players from enjoying the game.

And the overall spam of combat in general reduced. Scratches, special misses, parrys, dodges,
Would love to see this as an option to shut off the chatter
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 May 2017 00:26

You can actually gag all the misses and other peoples combat.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 11 May 2017 00:26

Indeed. We have gagmisses, so we should have gagchatter as well.
Though, every NPC would have to be recoded to declare what is and is not chatter..
And there are a lot of NPCs with dialogue.

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 11 May 2017 00:31

Amberlee wrote:You can actually gag all the misses and other peoples combat.
I have gagmisses on and i still see dodges, parries, special misses. On Cmud I actually have a GAG folder with about 200+ Gags in it. So ive worked around it, but for those who dont use cmud all that is still spammed.

Id rather have an option to turn all fights off completely except for spell and special hits. Point is I dont think anyone enjoys seeing a NPC tell them 20 times "How dare you attack my friend!"

Habiki
Adept

Post by Habiki » 11 May 2017 03:48

Kitriana wrote:
Cerin wrote:The removal of all NPCs shouting 50 billion times when they are attacked. Do away with all chatter from them completely when in combat.

This was debated somewhat here: https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... =38&t=3533

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 11 May 2017 04:36

Habiki wrote:
Kitriana wrote:

This was debated somewhat here: https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... =38&t=3533
Think it kind of died out because certain points werent touched upon. Which is because of all that spam, were losing a buge portion of the mud community. Which are blind players. These kinds of games and sound games are all they have to play.

However, the few that Ive invited gave it up soon as they hit the Sparkle Orc dungeon. Its just too much for their screen readers. CAN they do it, well sure they have a way to speed the reader up but that doesnt erase the annoying factor of having to listen to every single scratch, armour block, scream etc.

Doesnt look like the easy path of having our LPC gurus plug something in globally would work far as NPC chatter. I guess if someone was up for it the task would be for the players to create a giant list and some super awesome wizard to just tackle them one by one through the NPC files.

But I still wonder if there isn't a way to cut down if not completely on combat and insert it as an option. You can gagmisses or just gag combat as a whole, bar spells and specials.

Dakhor
Apprentice

Post by Dakhor » 11 May 2017 10:36

Hi

I second the ability for more customisation on what hits you see in combat.

For instance I would like to see hits by team members above a certain severity but I do not want to see their misses and or nicks and scratches.

Cheers

DaK

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/