Why doesn't Equipment Save with me when I Quit

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Why doesn't Equipment Save with me when I Quit

Post by Kitriana » 15 May 2017 18:01

So -- this question seems to come up quite a lot. So I've written this here so people can direct others to the explanation. If you think I should add/adjust something -- please let me know.
---------------------------------------------------
So our equipment system is a bit different than many muds. Correct that some items will not save on logout.
#1 - we have a glowing/non glowing setup that determines if an item will save. If it glows -- if you log out with it .. it will save with you. But you will need to check it again should you want to log out a second time with it.. as its status may have changed. Non glowing items will not save with you. This relates to primarily armour and weapons. There are other items, coins, guild items, quest rewards that will always save with you whether glowing or not.
#2 - this system is setup to encourage sharing through guilds. This provides great gear for those who cant obtain them via shared racks
#3 - it prevents the big players from having the best items at all times
#4 - you sometimes need different armours/weapons based on different mobs you are trying to kill. So sharing items in ones guild allows for this variety and diversity.
#5 - we have something called imbuements -- which are randomly occuring buffs on different weapons and armours -- again giving you potentially more options for your gameplay.

So by restricting yourself to the idea of having one set of gear -- you are actually really limiting your options.

There is a mini guild in the Tutorial area that allows you to join and rack your items. And then you can come back and either find the same item or others that someone else collected and store there.

Or you can just sell your items and then buy something else when you return.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Why doesn't Equipment Save with me when I Quit

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 15 May 2017 18:06

Cus equipment hunting is the Genesis Endgame
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/