Question regarding milestone

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
nils
Titan

Question regarding milestone

Post by nils » 16 May 2017 14:14

gorboth wrote:

Code: Select all

There are 113 players in the game.
And it continues ...

As we all rejoice in the increase in population, the size of Genesis remain fixed (with the honourable exception of the Ghastly Keep). I cannot help but wonder; what measures are taken to counter a hypothetical population of 150, or even 200?

Thoughts, administrators?
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Question regarding milestone

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 16 May 2017 14:45

Counter or accommodate?

If it's the latter. Maybe stuff like?
Boost drop tables
Decrease respawn times NPCs and herbs
Speed up quest reset times
Increase size of blacksmith forges

Wonder how many can be online before smoke starts pouring out of the gizmo.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Dakhor
Apprentice

Post by Dakhor » 16 May 2017 14:58

Perhaps there could be a sensus of sorts in game?

A way to be able to understand what parts of the game frustrate the new players the most.
How they would like to spend their time in the realms but find that they are unable to do that due to X?

What is the mindset of the group of 3-4 all alluring female elves that always seem to hang around Sparkle - do they go out to hunt the orc camps in a group and if so do they often find themselves being assaulted by ogres?

Perhaps we know all this already...

DaK

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 16 May 2017 17:23

The last time we saw player numbers of 100+ the game had much less content than it does today. The game was fun then, and will not be less fun now when we have so many new areas that didn't exist to support the large populations of the old days.

New areas are great - and we will create more of them. But, this is not a huge problem.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 16 May 2017 22:42

gorboth wrote:The last time we saw player numbers of 100+ the game had much less content than it does today. The game was fun then, and will not be less fun now when we have so many new areas that didn't exist to support the large populations of the old days.

New areas are great - and we will create more of them. But, this is not a huge problem.

G.

Erh..
So many new areas that support the large populations?
We don't even have enough grinders to support more than 2 grind teams(of 2-3 people) for myths.
Are you really this out of touch with things?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 16 May 2017 23:06

Amberlee wrote:
gorboth wrote:The last time we saw player numbers of 100+ the game had much less content than it does today. The game was fun then, and will not be less fun now when we have so many new areas that didn't exist to support the large populations of the old days.

G.

Erh..
We don't even have enough grinders to support more than 2 grind teams(of 2-3 people) for myths.
Let's look, shall we?

Novice               2
Greenhorne           1
Beginner             2
Apprentice           5
Wanderer             6
Adventurer           3
Adept                1
Great adventurer     2
Veteran              2
Expert               1
Rising hero          3
Hero                 2
Titan                3
Champion             2
Legend               4
Myth                 4
Average stat level of all mortals = Expert.
As I type, this is the strata of players currently logged on (above.)

The needs of the game are not centered around tired old myths looking for places to grind anymore, Amberlee. Most of our players - by a large division - are now small to midrange. The game supports them just fine.

Groaning about the dreadful competition between four myths - Are you really this out of touch with things? ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 17 May 2017 02:46

Gorboth - 1
Amberlee - 0

Points on both sides, but have to give credit on this one.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 17 May 2017 10:58

gorboth wrote:
The needs of the game are not centered around tired old myths looking for places to grind anymore, Amberlee. Most of our players - by a large division - are now small to midrange. The game supports them just fine.

Groaning about the dreadful competition between four myths - Are you really this out of touch with things? ;-)

G.
Aaaaaaand......DOWN FOR THE COUNT! Gorboth delivered quite the KO!
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 18 May 2017 05:17

gorboth wrote:
Amberlee wrote:

G.

Erh..
Let's look, shall we?

Novice               2
Greenhorne           1
Beginner             2
Apprentice           5
Wanderer             6
Adventurer           3
Adept                1
Great adventurer     2
Veteran              2
Expert               1
Rising hero          3
Hero                 2
Titan                3
Champion             2
Legend               4
Myth                 4
Average stat level of all mortals = Expert.
As I type, this is the strata of players currently logged on (above.)

G.
I am actually not.
You hide behind the numbers of the Sparkle Church Mafia though, and even at that level they compete hard for hunting grounds.
I play this game on a day to day basis and know exactly how crowded things can get.
You are around now and then and look at statistic and then say "This is a statistic." nod your head and then you are satisfied.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 18 May 2017 05:34

I see Gorboth online all the time.
He can look in on whatever he wants whenever he wants.
I'm sure he's not relying on numbers alone.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/