Shieldbearers

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drazson
Titan

Shieldbearers

Post by Drazson » 22 May 2017 12:00

For the guild of shieldbearers the command <help shieldbearer> referred by the guild item does not reach the helpfiles, nor do shhelp, sbhelp, help shieldbearerS, help shield, help bearer(s). I tried <help shieldbearer titles> which worked but I couldn't guess all the categories and well it's a problem to be guided by intuition in such things.

I was lucky to find a comrade walking the donut who revealed to me that the helpscrolls were found at <help shieldbearer menu> despite the guild item saying otherwise. I'm not sure it would be obvious for others to find but I had trouble with it, could it be fixed either by having the item in line with the command or vice versa?

Note: <help shieldbearer> was actually accepted by the client (I use the browser client) but no results were returned if that helps somehow.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Shieldbearers

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 22 May 2017 12:10

A lot of krynn guilds it is <help x help> to get started
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 22 May 2017 12:16

I can't see why we would want the helpfile referrence of this or any guild item in Krynn to remain incorrect and misleading especially newer or returning players that don't know stuff by heart.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 22 May 2017 13:28

Should work now. Post here if it doesn't.

It was broken by a global change, then fixed. Then the global fix seems to have broken it, so now it should be good :)

Any other thoughts about the Shieldbearers welcome. It's one of the many guilds in Krynn that need some love... would be good to have some intel on the guild for when I get around to reviewing.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 23 May 2017 05:04

Still relevant to the guild, whenever I find a rune on a quest and I want to examine it I just can't cause the game auto examines the rune of the dwarf-friend. Can't get by it by giving it away or putting in a pack and it's the only rune the game recognises seemingly so <exa runes> doesn't help either. Is there a solution to this?

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 23 May 2017 05:21

Drazson wrote:Still relevant to the guild, whenever I find a rune on a quest and I want to examine it I just can't cause the game auto examines the rune of the dwarf-friend. Can't get by it by giving it away or putting in a pack and it's the only rune the game recognises seemingly so <exa runes> doesn't help either. Is there a solution to this?
exa second rune?

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 23 May 2017 05:32

There is no work around to the rune issue, sadly. I had to discard my rune because it was messing with one of my guilds.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 23 May 2017 05:44

But I treasure my rune! Eventually I yoloed the quest since my answers were all of 2 kinds so I had that on my side. I assumed paterns and it worked out at 2nd try but maybe another quest won't be so forgiving, we need some fix to this tbh.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 23 May 2017 05:57

Are there no adjectives you can use?

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 23 May 2017 13:01

It could be renamed "srune" or "sbrune" and fixed easily.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/