Brainstorming: Dis

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Brainstorming: Dis

Post by gorboth » 22 May 2017 20:15

That's a pretty cool idea, Nils ...

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 22 May 2017 23:24

nils wrote:I remember "way back when.. " the theory was that the "You feel calm again."-messages that frequented battle spam was a chance for a bonus attack. We later learned this wasn't the case, but it makes sense to implement just that.

The jist of it would be: The higher the dis the more frequent the message. For every message you get another white hit or harder white hit. The important part is that there's already a system in place, which could be built upon.
Simple and effective idea.

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 23 May 2017 09:16

I remember "way back when.. " the theory was that the "You feel calm again."-messages that frequented battle spam was a chance for a bonus attack. We later learned this wasn't the case, but it makes sense to implement just that.

The jist of it would be: The higher the dis the more frequent the message. For every message you get another white hit or harder white hit. The important part is that there's already a system in place, which could be built upon.
I like the idea :)

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 23 May 2017 12:44

It's certainly a fitting option for FighterMUD.

Unless you don't play a fighter.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 23 May 2017 12:56

Mortis wrote:It's certainly a fitting option for FighterMUD.

Unless you don't play a fighter.
Not a fitting option for a goblin either.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Kwevin
Veteran

Post by Kwevin » 23 May 2017 16:06

Isn't that calm again thing for everyone?
Alea iacta est. Serius regredi est.

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 23 May 2017 19:50

I like the calm again white hit idea. I don't think it much matters if it is 'fitting' for a goblin or any race. Discipline is a stat, everyone is aware that choosing particular races may or may not limit your stats... choose accordingly. Another idea VERY similar and perhaps already discussed, I have not read all of the posts, is a critical hit. Could apply to all combat types, more discipline the better you are at executing your abilities, better execution leads to better results, thus a critical hit. Discipline could affect how often you get a critical hit or how hard those critical hits strike... or both...

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 23 May 2017 20:03

Do we have any weakling caster guilds?
Looks more like everyone is a fighter, just some have to do more prep for bigger burst / to sustain their burst.
While others can just go from the start.

They r all swinging weapons at least.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 24 May 2017 00:42

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Do we have any weakling caster guilds?
Looks more like everyone is a fighter, just some have to do more prep for bigger burst / to sustain their burst.
While others can just go from the start.

They r all swinging weapons at least.
When casting a spell you don't do any white damage. So discipline changes along those lines wouldn't be useful... which is fine in my books... a stat type doesn't have to be useful to everyone. Having said that, I've heard that spellcasters get panicky more quickly than melee BECAUSE they don't deal white damage... so discipline could still be useful.

If you do feel we need to cater more for spellcasters, maybe just make sure something like the chance of spell failure when in combat is impacted by discipline?

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 24 May 2017 02:39

These ideas are starting to get somewhere now. :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/