Shadow Genesis: New Knights Blog

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cerin
Wanderer

Re: Shadow Genesis: New Knights Blog

Post by Cerin » 02 Jun 2017 01:54

Draugor wrote:
sanceline wrote:so... I think the tactic sharing is a great idea. just wondering why you had to lead an anonymous blog post with a ton of non-constructive insults. can't really call someone else a coward when you decline to share your identity. :)
I'll just assume you mean me, and really, you need to raise your bar on whats "insulting" :P And definately a "ton" aswell :P

And they are constructive in that if you read it again, you dont really take into account alot of things in that tactics guide, but I'll make it clearer since some people obviously missed it. And on the RP stab I did, they know it by the words of "We're still doing it" :P

Knowing tactics is not a bridge to close the HUGE sizegap, keeping this in mind can keep you from getting killed

And
For anyone thinking of following this

"Then you can issue commands like:

ba out = whisper team block out (The idea being you are issuing a Block to All, because there is one exit)
b1 east = whisper teammate1 block east
b2 west = whisper teammate2 block west
Your teammates all set up a variable with you as their leader (e.g. leader = ody), a trigger to respond to the leader’s whispers to block, and a trigger to attack the same player as you."

Those sound like variables for robotingtriggers, I'd be carefull when using those since they where illegal last time I checked unless someone has changed that. If that is indeed what you're refering to, it would probably be up to the discresion of the wizards tho.
Think she meant the original "anonymous" writer of the article, unless it was you. Then yes you'd be retarded :P

Lets not even get into the theory crafting of the article itself because its not tactics, its theory crafting by an idiot whose attempted to "share" wisdom condescendingly. Whats worse is from the terminology used and little phrases like:
And you have Block. I saved this one for last, because this has always been a player wrecker, and you’ve had it at your disposal long before it became a global command.
They just let everyone know they are an old player and they have never played in a caster guild before. Which is why it makes me chuckle that someone took the time to type all of that out and they know nothing about casters. Because if they did they would know that Spells dont give two shits about who rescues who or who moves behind whom if you time it right. I also dont think they understand the difference between 100+ on Int/Wis vs a maybe 62 in Con (And thats being very generous to the Expert-Hero). Even resists cant save that.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 02 Jun 2017 07:31

Sounds like there was an ambush on a priest and it didn't go well?

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 02 Jun 2017 08:20

Johnny wrote:Sounds like there was an ambush on a priest and it didn't go well?
Nah, knights ambush by telling you where they are, and then beating you. Atleast in fantasy tales.......

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 02 Jun 2017 13:12

Cerin wrote:
Draugor wrote:
sanceline wrote:so... I think the tactic sharing is a great idea. just wondering why you had to lead an anonymous blog post with a ton of non-constructive insults. can't really call someone else a coward when you decline to share your identity. :)
I'll just assume you mean me, and really, you need to raise your bar on whats "insulting" :P And definately a "ton" aswell :P

And they are constructive in that if you read it again, you dont really take into account alot of things in that tactics guide, but I'll make it clearer since some people obviously missed it. And on the RP stab I did, they know it by the words of "We're still doing it" :P

Knowing tactics is not a bridge to close the HUGE sizegap, keeping this in mind can keep you from getting killed

And
For anyone thinking of following this

"Then you can issue commands like:

ba out = whisper team block out (The idea being you are issuing a Block to All, because there is one exit)
b1 east = whisper teammate1 block east
b2 west = whisper teammate2 block west
Your teammates all set up a variable with you as their leader (e.g. leader = ody), a trigger to respond to the leader’s whispers to block, and a trigger to attack the same player as you."

Those sound like variables for robotingtriggers, I'd be carefull when using those since they where illegal last time I checked unless someone has changed that. If that is indeed what you're refering to, it would probably be up to the discresion of the wizards tho.
Think she meant the original "anonymous" writer of the article, unless it was you. Then yes you'd be retarded :P

Lets not even get into the theory crafting of the article itself because its not tactics, its theory crafting by an idiot whose attempted to "share" wisdom condescendingly. Whats worse is from the terminology used and little phrases like:
And you have Block. I saved this one for last, because this has always been a player wrecker, and you’ve had it at your disposal long before it became a global command.
They just let everyone know they are an old player and they have never played in a caster guild before. Which is why it makes me chuckle that someone took the time to type all of that out and they know nothing about casters. Because if they did they would know that Spells dont give two shits about who rescues who or who moves behind whom if you time it right. I also dont think they understand the difference between 100+ on Int/Wis vs a maybe 62 in Con (And thats being very generous to the Expert-Hero). Even resists cant save that.
Here is the thing.
Block is NOT as effective as it once was.
AND it will mess up YOUR team as much as the enemy as both sides are caught in the block.. Even allies are blocked.

The numbers I would use for stat difference is 200+++int and wis vs maybe a 80 to 62 in con, depending on race and stat focus
Yes this is closer to the actual difference between a myth caster and an expert-hero.

People do NOT go around with maxed out resists in every day life.
It is not a necessity for grinding..
And more often than not, you have to choose between good AC and good resists.
This makes target more squishy for casters and thus if the casters are smart they pick the time to fight, because they can.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 02 Jun 2017 13:14

An addendum.

I think this "blog" is written by someone who has an idea of Genesis.
By idea I mean he or she knows the commands, but has NO clue how the system really works or how effective things are.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 02 Jun 2017 16:34

Amberlee wrote:An addendum.

By idea I mean he or she knows the commands, but has NO clue how the system really works or how effective things are.
In my opinion the person behind the blog knows a good amount about Genesis, but specifics about what is feasible and/or the smartest idea for certain guilds to go about doing not so much, because the game has changed so much. Tactics have changed. How much power things have has changed. Even the rules of the game have changed. The wizards have been really on top of things such as triggers, fastwalking, ect. A couple of knights and myself have seen BDA use very similar if not the same tactic when going into battle and a couple were accused of botting because of it. The last thing I want is to be in hot water like that.
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 02 Jun 2017 17:40

Fast walking not illegal either??!? I never got that memo..
Anyone can make an alias to shoot a path to the mud.
You can make a alias to send you all the way across the mud in one command, waiting for ships etc included. If u want..

If it was ever made illegal they need to hard code it.

On the block screwing up ur team, they improved it a bit after global block arrived. But u still need to be on the ball and <block stop> then all stop together on a trigger for uninterrupted hunting.

Tracking is a very underused skill. <track here> useful when hunting ppl, or working out if someone is in an area ahead of you. Jealous of guilds which get high skill and therefore track a lot faster. Miss the old merc guilds dogs which had super fast tracking
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 02 Jun 2017 18:31

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Fast walking not illegal either??!? I never got that memo..
Anyone can make an alias to shoot a path to the mud.
You can make a alias to send you all the way across the mud in one command, waiting for ships etc included. If u want..

If it was ever made illegal they need to hard code it.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read on the forums that the wizards are keeping closer tabs on automated things like that because they were used unfairly when hunting or something along those lines. It wasn't made illegal but I'm almost certain there was a post about it being watched closer because of the unfair usage of it.
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 02 Jun 2017 21:44

Block has a spefific command to prevent that Amberlee, as soon as they break it you use.
<block stop> if u r in danger of blocking each other.
I'm sure you knew that but others maybe didn't
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 02 Jun 2017 21:55

Emmiline Calaith wrote:
Amberlee wrote:An addendum.

In my opinion the person behind the blog knows a good amount about Genesis, but specifics about what is feasible and/or the smartest idea for certain guilds to go about doing not so much, because the game has changed so much. Tactics have changed. How much power things have has changed. Even the rules of the game have changed. The wizards have been really on top of things such as triggers, fastwalking, ect. A couple of knights and myself have seen BDA use very similar if not the same tactic when going into battle and a couple were accused of botting because of it. The last thing I want is to be in hot water like that.

You are right in some thing and wrong in others.
Tactics have not changed.
They remain the same.
Lock people in and use overwhelming firepower.
Bar that use superior size to kill people before they run.
How much power things have has NOT been changed much.

That leaves rules.
Which have changed and not always for the better.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/