Having to confirm "quit" before recovering all items

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zugzug
Veteran

Having to confirm "quit" before recovering all items

Post by Zugzug » 07 Jun 2017 10:16

I know it's probably my senile senses talking, but I recently was having a back-and-forth mails with an old friend, returned to Sanction, left all the stuff in racks and quit out. Then thought to myself "dang, I forgot to check if there's another mail for me in the PO, I should log back in", did that - and when I saw the "there is no new mail for you" as I was recovering herbs and stuff just typed "quit" again.

Immediately got the sinking feeling I probably should've waited to recover everything, logged back in, and indeed lost quite a few (well, a couple days worth of getting my hands on) weeds and shrubs :) No big deal, but maybe getting a message "Are you sure you want to quit before you've put all your stuff in your pockets?" or something like that would be a nice warning.

Perhaps it's a mistake someone makes only once (maybe once every 20 years, I forget!) so no biggie, but shouldn't be hard to implement.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Having to confirm "quit" before recovering all items

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 07 Jun 2017 10:36

Dumbass :P

But while we r on a semi related topic.
Whats the time period u need to log in between before the game dumps all those items you would recover. Is it at least once in the arma?

Is this to save resources on the gizmo?

Annoying loosing everything when you have been slacking a bit too long.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 07 Jun 2017 11:25

I think they removed that one, Tarax.

I had a character in the other day, who's not been in for perhaps 2 months, and all his stuff was there.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 07 Jun 2017 18:11

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Dumbass :P

The most accurate description of me I've seen in a while :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 08 Jun 2017 05:42

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Dumbass :P

But while we r on a semi related topic.
Whats the time period u need to log in between before the game dumps all those items you would recover. Is it at least once in the arma?

Is this to save resources on the gizmo?

Annoying loosing everything when you have been slacking a bit too long.
There used to be a two week limit and it was added when we were really low on players in order to encourage people to log in at least once every two weeks, and perhaps get drawn back into the game. I seems like the limit mostly annoyed people though, who logged in after a break from Genesis to see their huge herb stashes gone, which rather discouraged them from playing, than the other way around. On the other hand I also remember many kept track of it and did log in every two weeks to keep their stuff, meaning it did its job too. I personally felt it, despite the good intentions, did more harm than good so a few years ago I went on a small lobbying mission to have it removed, and if I remember correctly Gorboth eventually agreed and Mercade removed it. I actually don't remember how long the limit is now or if we removed it completely though. Something in the back of my head says 3 months, although that might be when you're no longer visible in the website rankings... so uh... yeah... Mercade should know.:)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 08 Jun 2017 10:55

OMG Im invisible in the rankings Im screwed...

hahaha

Thanks for making that lobby! :)
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 17 Jun 2017 22:48

Cherek wrote: I actually don't remember how long the limit is now or if we removed it completely though.
You definitely didn't remove it, as I just lost all of my [things] due to work travel and being busy.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/