Do you remember when...

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
mallor
Rising Hero

Do you remember when...

Post by mallor » 10 Jun 2017 20:14

... there was so much lag you could actually miss a boat that just arrived because of the lag.
... you had to wait in queue 20 spaces long just to get into the game.
... priest of Kaheda could actually stun you for 30 seconds... and in 10 seconds for 30 more...
... you could actually remember named NPCs and when they respawn see them in "who" and rush there to kill them.
... to kill Mergula you had to call 3 prists of Kaheda... and one of them would forget to unwield excellent halberd and switch to unarmed.
... Ged got drunk on wizday and killed dozens of big players.
... you could grab those magic fruits in Terel for quest where you had to become small to go into ant lair, and actually use them from anywhere in the world to teleport there from PvP and go LD to save your butt.
... Vlady parked his ancient dragon on roundabout in Calia with a huge team of RBDA and killed tons of goodies.
... as a newbie you took a knife from charity box in VK, then went to kill draconian with short sword, to kill bigger draconian with nice sword to kill a bigger draconian with splendid sword, and then adore it for next several hours untill in broke
... Jadavin threw a smoke bomb in Stern's face and ran off, when Stern has already started casting poison.
... as angmarian you would run by the river in Gondor just to find a ranger there, wounded by goblin lord, drinking water and "scare" him to death.
... Monika with a small team killed Kithkanan to spark a huge war against Angmar, which ended in enormous death toll and Angmar closing.
... Vlady kicked Stern from Angmar.
... you could get a key from tavern in Edoras, catch someone inside, lock the door and kill him.
... you could get every spawn of a gem needed to enter Pax Tharkas and actually have a huge area full with draconians to kill only for yourself.
... there was a priestess in Argos temple that would spawn ravens undlessly if you don't kill her.
... you could get to Kabal gate with 8 auto-assisting guards with sword of darkness in your pack and kill them 1 by 1 by extinguishing lamp before they could assist
... you could give somene a heart attack by "telling" during arma "Hi.<newline>You have been poisoned!"
... as angmarian you would get that club you could "grip" and laugh in rangers' faces when they tried to disarm you.
... people would actually use torques to hunt you with huge teams and you would walk in darkness with dark sword in your pack and laugh in their faces.
... killing someone decent sized was actually a legendary deed, since anyone could just stop fight/stop fight/quit in matter of nanoseconds.
... you could disguise yourself when being hunted and then when asked "Did you see an angry impressive goblin here?" answer "Yes, he went there" and point in random direction.
... you would always check all the rooms when boarding a ship to make sure some huge team is not hiding there waiting for a ship to start sailing and kill you.
... you had to send a pigeon to your friend in game, even though you just talked on the phone and agreed to team up, because "communicating outside of game world" was forbidden.
... you would actually die to jabberwock when you attack him fooled by his low stats.

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Do you remember when...

Post by gorboth » 10 Jun 2017 22:15

... people would take (the then one-handed) FBB's to the torque quest in Emerald, kill their doppleganger, and now have 2.
... Kithkanan and Juanita would park themselves at the gates of Minas Morgul and fight all night long.
... they both fell asleep doing that and Juanita died.
... Mysterion would send you tell saying, "Party with the Calians in Sparkle. Could use your help."
... Rainbow wall = dead soon.
... The Morgul Mages killed the player named Sauron.
... Bebop used to start in Minas Morgul's Red-Eye Inn and kill everything in the city. The Morgul Mages couldn't kill him so ignored it.

Oh, the fun times of old ...

Nice memories!!
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 10 Jun 2017 22:56

Bebop... is there actually anyone more legendary than him? :)

And I actually still have him in remember :)

Perrigrine
Wizard

Post by Perrigrine » 11 Jun 2017 02:24

I remember killing ants around Dwarfheim... For hours... And days... Because it was all I could kill.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Jun 2017 06:00

Don't forget the solo Calian named Mersereau actually killing Monika...
Monika catching a certain ranger pupil in the middle of the greyflood, extremely exhausted.. Lost all clubs and said "You can live today." and ran off.
Stern the witchking being healed by Rangers when the guild made a coup against him.
Zugzug getting the invisbility and running inside Vingaard Keep and killing knights.
Zugzug being bored of killing rangers and knights and instead jumping out and snuggle them.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 11 Jun 2017 07:10

Amberlee wrote:Don't forget the solo Calian named Mersereau actually killing Monika...
Well, Mallor was also killed once, when he was participating in a raid on VK barely reaching (old) champion title. But not ever since then :)
Amberlee wrote:Zugzug getting the invisbility and running inside Vingaard Keep and killing knights.
Oh let me guess... knights were "regrouping" upstairs? :)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Jun 2017 09:20

mallor wrote:
Amberlee wrote:Don't forget the solo Calian named Mersereau actually killing Monika...
Well, Mallor was also killed once, when he was participating in a raid on VK barely reaching (old) champion title. But not ever since then :)
Amberlee wrote:Zugzug getting the invisbility and running inside Vingaard Keep and killing knights.
Oh let me guess... knights were "regrouping" upstairs? :)

Hahaha yepp :D
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 11 Jun 2017 09:38

.... block was not everyone's option and instead people did

"X tosses a six-pronged caltrop near the exit leading west."

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 11 Jun 2017 11:58

Mim wrote:.... block was not everyone's option and instead people did

"X tosses a six-pronged caltrop near the exit leading west."
Which reminds me the times when knight's block stacked, and to actually break 3 blocks on the same exit you had to have 3 successful rolls in a row against really small odds. Basically breaking 3 blocks of decent sized knights demanded at least several thousands tries :D

But yeah those caltrops were pain in the ass, Red fang wolves weren't able to pass them, I guess they were too dumb? :)

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 11 Jun 2017 13:57

... you could get one of the best cloaks in game(completely solo) from that magical guard of Calia, by going to the village just south of there and buying fire resistance herbs, and then easily killing the guard.
... they upped the stats of that guard, so champion size goblin didn't actually have enough DIS to attack.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/