Uncool = DELETED

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kvator
Champion

Re: Uncool = DELETED

Post by Kvator » 13 Jun 2017 03:54

Ody wrote:Hi. This is a bit inappropriate. Is revealing alts a dick move? Yes. Have we all done it? Yes. That does not mean it deserves a deletion. It also doesn't seem right to target people because of what they say in OOC chats way outside the game. That is actually a pretty frightening concept don't you think? Sure it starts with this one rule, but what about tomorrow when you or another wizard decides they don't like what someone said in a OOC chat about them and takes action in game? Where does it stop? With this one rule? What about tomorrow when it is with two.

Bottom line I don't like you or any other wizard telling me what I can and cannot say in our outside of the game. It is wrong to reveal alts, yes. Two wrongs do not make a right. I like you a lot but both actions are really scummy. I don't think it is right to start going after people like this. What stops me from hating player X and then sending you a fake log saying they revealed an alt to me? That is not hard to fake.

It just seems wrong to start targeting people for OOC stuff like this good intentions or not.
agree totally (except maybe for the dramatic sound of the first paragrapgh :D)

1 - never understood the paranoia with alts
2 - if a person want to keep his alt secret and is not revealing it to any other player then the ONLY 100% source of such info could be wizards themselves...

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 13 Jun 2017 04:11

Mirandus wrote:This is not hard.

If someone tells you their alternate players, or you find them out somehow through your awesome deductive skills, why do you need to share it? If I want people to know my alternates I'll tell them. I'd hope that they wouldn't go blabbing to everyone else without checking with me first.

Revealing seconds IS a dick move. Don't be a dick and you're fine.
You ignore my main problem. What stops you from disliking me and fabricating a report? What stops you from making a rule tomorrow barring other things said far from the game? Revealing alts being wrong doesn't make wizards going after you for OOC stuff right.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 13 Jun 2017 06:39

Hi Ody,

We don't panic over logs. We carefully validate them. If they are valid, we operate. If they are faked, we operate.

Don't fake logs. That is also a dick move.

Not a dick = win.

As for us being scary. Yes, we are very scary. BE AFRAID!

Seriously. We will delete you if you reveal alts. Why? You would deserve it.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 13 Jun 2017 09:15

I can't believe i'm saying this but.
I agree somewhat with Ody here.

Will you also enforce that seconds can not get involved in the affairs of said peoples mains at the same time?
This is an ongoing thing in Genesis too, and just as uncool.

That said, i've been a victim of this myself many times.
Even recently, even to the point of one character having been denied access to guilds because of it.

I am however VERY MUCH against this severe a punishment as it does not fit the crime here.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 13 Jun 2017 11:30

I agree, Amberlee. That is also deeply uncool and equally illegal.

As for enforcement of that issue, Mirandus oversees such things. Those matters tend to be a lot of "he said she said".

Seeing someone reveal alts with your own eyes is a lot easier to peg and, therefore, deal with decisively.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 13 Jun 2017 11:36

So we are allowed to report when someone is using an alt to spy for you in another guild, create conflict with their alt to benefit their main, to impede someone from joining a guild with their alt based on their interactions with their main, or someone creating lots of alts in order to maintain their powerbase in certain guilds? How exactly would you investigate such reports?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 13 Jun 2017 11:55

Kitriana wrote:So we are allowed to report when someone is using an alt to spy for you in another guild, create conflict with their alt to benefit their main, to impede someone from joining a guild with their alt based on their interactions with their main, or someone creating lots of alts in order to maintain their powerbase in certain guilds? How exactly would you investigate such reports?

For one.
Spying isn't an issue.
At all.

Second matter is a widespread one though.
Seconds being blocked for the actions of the main character.

Third is also an issue though I not very widespread anymore.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 13 Jun 2017 13:32

I like it, and dont think the punishment is too hard, although a warning for new players first would be, in your words, more cool. Yes we ve all done it before, me as well. But it doesnt encourage roleplay. And also it does not give a person a change to start all over again, when that person has screwed up with his or her first char.

And we ve seen how someones actions can hunt one with other chars.

Kitriana and Amberlee are making some good points. It would be great if there would be some rules on those matters as well. I think the wizards already keep an eye on these matters, but it would be better if there would be some strict rules about these things made and we would be informed about it.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 13 Jun 2017 13:38

The biggest bad boy in revealing/distributer of other people's alts must be the owner/administrator of the character sheet on Facebook. Is 500 deletions enough for this crime?

With that said I think this is a good rule.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 13 Jun 2017 13:42

Amberlee wrote:
Kitriana wrote:So we are allowed to report when someone is using an alt to spy for you in another guild, create conflict with their alt to benefit their main, to impede someone from joining a guild with their alt based on their interactions with their main, or someone creating lots of alts in order to maintain their powerbase in certain guilds? How exactly would you investigate such reports?

For one.
Spying isn't an issue.
At all.

Second matter is a widespread one though.
Seconds being blocked for the actions of the main character.

Third is also an issue though I not very widespread anymore.
why do you think spying is ok? If i have a Morgul Mage character who is my main.. and the make an alt who is a Ranger for the express purpose of learning what is going on in the Rangers... what their plans are ... how they plan to deal with certain situations ... create conflict in the rangers ... sow dissent amoung their ranks... elect people into power who i think aren't good in order to bring down the organization... or twist it to a manner that will benefit the Morgul Mages... And if I am actively using the information I collect as a Ranger and sharing that back with the Morgul Mages. You don't think that's an issue?

to me .. if you have an alt .. it should be a totally separate character. You should not be information sharing between the two (I know this is sometimes difficult to 100% separate)... but I'm talking about situations where people are making an alt for the specific purpose of being a spy. How is that ok?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/