The definition of a Millennial ...

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Shanoga
Wizard

The definition of a Millennial ...

Post by Shanoga » 15 Jun 2017 02:00

[Moved this tangent from a thread in the General section to here. - Mod]
Etanukar wrote:Hello millennial. I understand that you may have severe reservations about playing Genesis. I can hear the frustration in your words and can see your point of view. The reality is that your perspective is in part my fault and that of my generation who were the children of baby-boomers and had a lot of the niceties that others did not growing up; we were products of broken homes and parents who had mid-life crises. We learned about how tough life was and that it was generally unfair. People were becoming millionaires overnight with .com startups and other innovative things. What this did for us was to create a generation of children who have an addiction to instant gratification. Just because you graduated with your bachelors degree does not mean that you get to be CEO of Intel. A position of import comes with time and dedication and this job hopping that you do every 6 months to 2 years does not show that you have that type of mindset. I understand my words may be harsh, but maybe together we can come up with a viable solution that is beneficial for everyone involved.

Thank you and have a fantastic day!
Just so you know...millennials are the children of baby boomers.

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by gorboth » 15 Jun 2017 03:41

Um .... no.

Millennials are the grandchildren of Baby Boomers. That wonderful Gen-X crowd (my own) have spawned the millennial horde.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 15 Jun 2017 04:36

But...but...my parents are boomers and I'm a millennial. How does that work?

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 15 Jun 2017 04:37

Shanoga wrote:But...but...my parents are boomers and I'm a millennial. How does that work?
They call that an elderly pregnancy.

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 15 Jun 2017 04:41

My parents are in their mid 60s. I'm 30. That means they were in their mid-30s when I was born. Not elderly. The boomer generation is approximately 1943-1960. My parents were born in the 50s. I'm at the early end of the millennials, but my older brother is still a millennial by every definition I've ever looked at. I'm not claiming to be proud to be a millennial or anything...but I look at this generational stuff a decent amount. I'm not crazy.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 15 Jun 2017 07:50

Shanoga wrote: I'm not crazy.
Uhu :)
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 15 Jun 2017 16:21

gorboth wrote:Um .... no.

Millennials are the grandchildren of Baby Boomers. That wonderful Gen-X crowd (my own) have spawned the millennial horde.

G.
I am a millennial and both of my parents are Baby Boomers. Though I may be the exception to the rule!
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 15 Jun 2017 20:50

Those responsible for creating these generational definitions use the following years of birth to define "Millennials"
The majority of researchers and demographers start the generation in the early 1980s, with many ending the generation in the mid-1990s. Australia's McCrindle Research[28] regards 1980–1994 as Generation Y birth years. A 2013 PricewaterhouseCoopers[29] report and Edelman Berland[30] use 1980–1995. Gallup Inc.,[31][32][33] Eventbrite[34][35] and Dale Carnegie Training and MSW Research[36] all use 1980–1996. Ernst and Young uses 1981–1996.[37] Manpower Group uses 1982–1996.[38]

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/