Uncle Trapspringer's Revenge!!

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Uncle Trapspringer's Revenge!!

Post by Draugor » 10 Jun 2017 17:39

Ody wrote:Lorewise Kender can't steal right? So what is the point of having a thief guild that can't steal and has to give everything back? I say cut the OCC kenders stealing stuff half and then make them a rogue-like fighting guild with lots of acrobatics and sneaky moves. I know it's too late for that though, the recode is finished, and good job, Carnak I just wanted to make the observation.

PRoblem is this, kenders are morons :P They forget they "borrow" shit and so it just ends up in their bags and soon they believe its theirs :P Problem is that most of the people joining them now will be doing it for the thievery

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 10 Jun 2017 18:17

Draugor wrote:
Ody wrote:Lorewise Kender can't steal right? So what is the point of having a thief guild that can't steal and has to give everything back? I say cut the OCC kenders stealing stuff half and then make them a rogue-like fighting guild with lots of acrobatics and sneaky moves. I know it's too late for that though, the recode is finished, and good job, Carnak I just wanted to make the observation.

PRoblem is this, kenders are morons :P They forget they "borrow" shit and so it just ends up in their bags and soon they believe its theirs :P Problem is that most of the people joining them now will be doing it for the thievery

Imo Kender shouldn't be able to concioussly borrow things.
aka steal command shouldn't work for them and borrow shouldn't be a command you could type in.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 10 Jun 2017 18:37

Amberlee wrote:
Draugor wrote:

Imo Kender shouldn't be able to concioussly borrow things.
aka steal command shouldn't work for them and borrow shouldn't be a command you could type in.
That would be better lorewise. Though it would be best if it was a higher chance of success. Maybe if you only failed 1/4 of the time.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 11 Jun 2017 03:13

'borrow' should have close to 100% chance of success - but should work automatically only

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Jun 2017 20:30

Kvator wrote:'borrow' should have close to 100% chance of success - but should work automatically only

Aye, only like sup guru awareness should be able to spot it tbh, they are after all, softpawed little buggers

Erling
Greenhorne

Post by Erling » 16 Jun 2017 17:20

I keep hearing how fun this entrance quest is. Can it be done by non-Kender? How about if you are a Kender but in another Occ guild?

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 16 Jun 2017 20:59

Big races are clumsy,

They drop stuff ALL the time. Kender catch it, because they are nimble and awesome, and usually the big person has left before they realize it's gone.

In Kender lore, there is no property. No sense of ownership and nothing "belongs" to anyone. This means that they can't "steal" because nothing belongs to you. They know you are using it, so they'll borrow it.

Mirandus

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 16 Jun 2017 22:06

Kill every kender u catch borrowing anything.
It may be no property and all butterfly's and candy in Warped Kender land.
But those paws touch an orcs possessions they aren't getting a pass.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 24 Jan 2018 15:30

Cherek wrote: If it's discovered kenders, despite the recode, still needs a boost.
Okie - after playing some after the recode I've finally discovered...

they do!

:D

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 24 Jan 2018 15:33

Sorry for resurrecting this topic, but... SS is still pretty useless ;-)

It seems that the recode was a failure, since it didnt attract any new players to the guild. As far as I know there is 1 active SS kender. And like I mentioned before he's very fun to team with, but provides almost no dps support and can't tank.

In his recent post Carnak mentioned that thieves should be able to defeat magic users, just like magic users own warriors. However, this is not the case at the moment in Genesis.

So, how about making SS able to 'disrupt' a casting mage? A kender would flail his hands wildly, jump and down while screaming incoherently, make funny faces, try to mimic a mage, tie the shoelaces of his boots together, helpfully add some weird ingridients to his spell components pouch, etc. This way a mage would fumble a spell. Consider this a way of stunning mages. And perhaps if the kender's mentals are significantly higher than the mage's, 'disrupt' would cause the mage to totally forget the spell he was casting.

This way a kender would be a very useful addition to a team and keep aggressive magic users at bay. Even MM would try to stay away from those pesky kenders ;)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/