Thieves and stealing

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth
Posts: 1373
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Location: Kristiansund, Norway

Thieves and stealing

Post by Amberlee » 17 Jun 2017 15:54

So i've been thinking.
Thieves can basically camp sparkle church with little risk and clean out anyone who enters.
And they can not be attacked there.

So this is my suggestion.
If you initiate a successful theft I think the peace in such areas should not count.
That way those actions have consequences and would make the thieves think twice before mass stealing as some do now.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2762
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Thieves and stealing

Post by Cherek » 17 Jun 2017 15:58

Amberlee wrote:So i've been thinking.
Thieves can basically camp sparkle church with little risk and clean out anyone who enters.
And they can not be attacked there.

So this is my suggestion.
If you initiate a successful theft I think the peace in such areas should not count.
That way those actions have consequences and would make the thieves think twice before mass stealing as some do now.
Hm. Your idea makes a lot of sense. It is kind of weird that you can empty people's pockets in safe rooms with out consequences.

User avatar
Tarax the Terrible
Myth
Posts: 1331
Joined: 09 Mar 2010 20:33
Location: UK

Re: Thieves and stealing

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 17 Jun 2017 16:13

Amen!!! Great idea.
But not just on theft success.

Also if u were fighting already in the last 30 seconds safe room shouldn't matter.
No entry allowed with adrenaline.

And no sneaking or hiding with adrenaline.
Make adrenaline cool down time linked to discipline stat.

On invisibility it should be like the predator shimmering as they move. Only standing still invis should be Op.


And finally, reduce the activation time of block considerably. What is the point of it when anyone can move off b4 it activates.
If u need a delay somewhere put it on <block stop>
And make it possible to block a room without knowing anyone is in it.
Not a road block, new ppl entering are unaffected.

Blocks of all types can't be defeated by guild defence specials, sneaking or turning invis.


Killing an alert player who drops all and speed walks around unencumbrered is laughably hard at the minute.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Kvator
Titan
Posts: 542
Joined: 02 Sep 2010 21:25

Re: Thieves and stealing

Post by Kvator » 17 Jun 2017 17:01

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Amen!!! Great idea.
But not just on theft success.

Also if u were fighting already in the last 30 seconds safe room shouldn't matter.
No entry allowed with adrenaline.

And no sneaking or hiding with adrenaline.
Make adrenaline cool down time linked to discipline stat.

On invisibility it should be like the predator shimmering as they move. Only standing still invis should be Op.


And finally, reduce the activation time of block considerably. What is the point of it when anyone can move off b4 it activates.
If u need a delay somewhere put it on <block stop>
And make it possible to block a room without knowing anyone is in it.
Not a road block, new ppl entering are unaffected.

Blocks of all types can't be defeated by guild defence specials, sneaking or turning invis.


Killing an alert player who drops all and speed walks around unencumbrered is laughably hard at the minute.
Not 100% sure here, but I believe that nowadays saferooms ain't working for ppl that are already in combat.

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1771
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Thieves and stealing

Post by Draugor » 17 Jun 2017 17:07

Imo it should also drain your mana quite alot since it requires alot of focus, also a cooldown timer is a good idea so people dont spamsteal and just run -.-

Kvator
Titan
Posts: 542
Joined: 02 Sep 2010 21:25

Re: Thieves and stealing

Post by Kvator » 17 Jun 2017 17:13

Draugor wrote:Imo it should also drain your mana quite alot since it requires alot of focus, also a cooldown timer is a good idea so people dont spamsteal and just run -.-
imho it's good to check stuff from time to time, there is a 'steal cooldown' implemented (a bit to short though)


You fail to steal nine silver coins from the inquisitive red-haired female
kender.
Oops! the inquisitive red-haired female kender seems to have caught on to you!
>
It is too soon after you stole something.

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1771
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Thieves and stealing

Post by Draugor » 17 Jun 2017 17:57

Kvator wrote:
Draugor wrote:Imo it should also drain your mana quite alot since it requires alot of focus, also a cooldown timer is a good idea so people dont spamsteal and just run -.-
imho it's good to check stuff from time to time, there is a 'steal cooldown' implemented (a bit to short though)


You fail to steal nine silver coins from the inquisitive red-haired female
kender.
Oops! the inquisitive red-haired female kender seems to have caught on to you!
>
It is too soon after you stole something.

I'm not much for thievery, stuff thats been implemented since I was a thief... 10?+ or so years ago, eludes me, how long is the CD`1 sec? :P

User avatar
Tarax the Terrible
Myth
Posts: 1331
Joined: 09 Mar 2010 20:33
Location: UK

Re: Thieves and stealing

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 17 Jun 2017 18:43

Draugor wrote:Imo it should also drain your mana quite alot since it requires alot of focus, also a cooldown timer is a good idea so people dont spamsteal and just run -.-
Yes to the cooldown, and a preparation time, even if it is just 1 second.
Cus bounce stealing is a thing too.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2762
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Thieves and stealing

Post by Cherek » 17 Jun 2017 19:32

Gorboth has fixed the Sparkle church so you're now both safe from attacks and theft.

User avatar
Tarax the Terrible
Myth
Posts: 1331
Joined: 09 Mar 2010 20:33
Location: UK

Re: Thieves and stealing

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 17 Jun 2017 20:00

So the 3 no steal rooms are now sparkle church, auction house tent and enchanter? Imbuements so expensive that kinda made sense. Ah a bit less so. I'd rather not have safe rooms and no steal rooms and have balance changes instead.

Like make enchanters room reveal hidden ppl and invis.

Pip squeak steals from u, insta block, buff awareness, reveal thief, kill thief, thief breaks block, hunt them down, get stuff back.

Oh well.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/