Nice ... thiefs in sparkle

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gold bezie
Expert

Nice ... thiefs in sparkle

Post by gold bezie » 18 Jun 2017 21:21

Okay the game is not really fun anymore like this...
First this Grom steals all my herbs, and soon after it a very dirty male human tries to steal from me. Right after i go to find the two someone invisible steals my money (ofcourse i did not have much on me).

I understand stealing is a skill and all, but really people...

It should be coded that containers can not be stolen from people. I mean what is the use of closing an herbcontainer if the whole container gets stolen.

Also there should be something done about the invisibility powers of some guilds. Like for example some herb that would help see invisible people.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Amberlee
Myth

Re: Nice ... thiefs in sparkle

Post by Amberlee » 18 Jun 2017 22:54

Invis one is Sgex.
All are thieves will be killed mercilessly and repeatedly.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 18 Jun 2017 23:02

Good to know, i hope i have the pleasure of killing one of them myself soon too...

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 18 Jun 2017 23:40

I kinda like thieves and all the fury they generate.
But I think when someone clearly over does it and pisses off a lot of people in a very short space of time preys on the vulnerable etc
There should be a way for AoP team to declare someone a menace to society for a month and anyone can go to AoP office and get an item that applies a really nasty crowd control plus reveal effect on them.

Then everyone can enjoy a game of kill the thief.

Only works when they r in Sparkle or on a sparkle line ship.
Not the gelan ships since they r safe rooms. Tho why not remove that? They r very fast ships these days, safe room too seems a bit silly.

Or alternatively, pack ur stuff, close all when ur in Sparkle. And ignore the attention seeking pip squeaks.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Jun 2017 23:56

Gold bezie: Put your herbs in containers that can be worn/tied stolen.

No Tarax, we wizards shouldn't be directly involved in mortal matters like that. If lots of players have big problems with thieves, perhaps it's time to organize yourselves and deal with them?

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 19 Jun 2017 00:15

yes understood, but i like the rabbitskin sack... At least code that sack so i can wear it?

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 19 Jun 2017 00:57

Cherek wrote:Gold bezie: Put your herbs in containers that can be worn/tied stolen.

No Tarax, we wizards shouldn't be directly involved in mortal matters like that. If lots of players have big problems with thieves, perhaps it's time to organize yourselves and deal with them?
Its pretty likely aop watching thieves preying on new players and considering what actions if any to take..
Plus "we wizards" have already added 3 thief safe rooms in response.
I'd rather have more tools than safe rooms.

Your idea organise ie find an ogre, find a pot etc is fine for day one, maybe even day two.
But not exactly a long term solution.

So if wiz not involved maybe being caught stealing in a town raises ur bounty there like in skyrim, bounty drops over time, if it gets too high ur marked a menace. Menace gets debuff on their fleeing abilities in that town. End of thief plagues... Cus as soon as their escape is harder everyone they pissed off gets revenge
Last edited by Tarax the Terrible on 19 Jun 2017 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Jun 2017 01:11

gold bezie wrote:yes understood, but i like the rabbitskin sack... At least code that sack so i can wear it?
You want to wear a sack? Like this:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0875/ ... 1491774827

?:)

I don't know where the sack is from, you'd need to contact the liege of that domain, if it has one, and suggest it I think.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Jun 2017 01:18

Tarax the Terrible wrote:
Cherek wrote:Gold bezie: Put your herbs in containers that can be worn/tied stolen.

Its pretty likely aop watching thieves preying on new players and considering what actions if any to take..
Plus "we wizards" have already added 3 thief safe rooms in response. So u are already taking action on the matter.
My point is don't give us safe rooms give us tools.

Your idea organise ie find an ogre, find a pot etc is fine for day one, maybe even day two.
But not exactly a long term solution.

So maybe being caught stealing in a town raises ur bounty there like in skyrim, bounty drops over time, if it gets too high ur marked a menace.
Menace gets debuff on their fleeing abilities in that town.
We do take action by code, but not directly. You suggested that we should declare someone a menace, which I do not think is up to us to decide. Either we decide someone is breaking the rules, and then we deal with them according to the rules. I don't think declaring someone a menace in public is a good way to deal with those who break the rules. We have sufficient punishments for that already.

If we don't think people are breaking any rules, we either need to code solutions to any problems / abuses etc, that causes issues, or leave it for you players to handle as you see fit. (while sticking to the rules of course)

There are of course an unusually high number of reports about theft lately though, and it's been going on for some time, which we of course are aware of. I've kind of figured that you players will sort that out on your own, as has always been the case historically.

What exactly is stopping you from creating some sort of "town guard" and just kill the thieves and hunt them until they decide the whole thing is too risky? It seems like the identity of most thieves are known?

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 19 Jun 2017 03:02

What I don't get though is.
How is it harrassment to kill someone twice, but not considered harrassment to steal everything from someone continuously.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/