Nice ... thiefs in sparkle

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Nice ... thiefs in sparkle

Post by Draugor » 19 Jun 2017 18:36

mallor wrote:
Tarax the Terrible wrote: Not the gelan ships since they r safe rooms. Tho why not remove that? They r very fast ships these days, safe room too seems a bit silly.
What really silly is nerfed caltrops and silly block that you can break automatically in 5 seconds or so, regardless size difference. That makes thieves nearly unkillable.

Caltrops arent nerfed I believe, its more that people have to high stats, above a certain dex you can just pass over them, they just havent kept up

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 19 Jun 2017 19:24

Draugor wrote:
mallor wrote:
Tarax the Terrible wrote: Not the gelan ships since they r safe rooms. Tho why not remove that? They r very fast ships these days, safe room too seems a bit silly.
What really silly is nerfed caltrops and silly block that you can break automatically in 5 seconds or so, regardless size difference. That makes thieves nearly unkillable.

Caltrops arent nerfed I believe, its more that people have to high stats, above a certain dex you can just pass over them, they just havent kept up
We're talking about adept size newbie here. He walked right through them.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 20 Jun 2017 07:54

Maybe he wore boots?

Wearing such, makes the caltrops useless.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 20 Jun 2017 08:13

Avatar wrote:Maybe he wore boots?

Wearing such, makes the caltrops useless.
Nope, he stumbled couple of times and passed them.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 20 Jun 2017 10:13

Yeah can just spam ur way through them.

Not
east = Ouch!
east = No your foot still hurts!
For even a second.

I tried caltrops too. lol

Might have to poison them next time..
Ahh it is just nostalaga to think that would help much.

But imagine if..
Caltrop once broke ur boots.
Again blocks movement for a second.

No dex can bypass.
Find and remove traps required.

The counter, picking them up wearing gloves.
Then the darkness wars begin for can they actually see to pick them up.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 20 Jun 2017 15:40

Thing is, certain things were changed the way people die less in PvP, caltrops, block. Moreover, the main reason that "helped" people kill each other in PvP is no longer with us, namely lag. What's the point in PvPing, if anyone can be miles away from you in a single click in matter of second.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 20 Jun 2017 18:25

Yeah - we need to make combat a bit more sticky with things like caltrops, in my opinion.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 20 Jun 2017 18:34

gorboth wrote:Yeah - we need to make combat a bit more sticky with things like caltrops, in my opinion.

G.

There we go! :D Gorboth, just like us, wants more people to die :D Imo! No armoured boots, and you aint passing

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 20 Jun 2017 19:10

And it will be the same result. There will be a select few individuals who master the skill with ingenuity and intelligence, and then there will be a public lynching about how unbalanced this or that is. ITs the same argument every time, just insert the new stat/skill/ability/change and reproduce the results.

Thieves cost me a token long ago... a mortar that was engraved by a long gone Nazgul. Yeah, I was pissed, but you don't leave things you don't want stolen in places where thieves can nick them. That's a simple lesson.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 20 Jun 2017 19:48

Thing about caltrops.. It's not caltrops, it's caltrop. Just one.
OF COURSE THEY'RE JUST GOING TO WALK RIGHT OVER IT; IT'S A SINGLE PIECE OF TWO INCH METAL.

The idea behind real caltrops is that a couple dozen of them are thrown out and the area becomes completely impassible for normal people.
If the person being blocked had ninja-like agility, they could vault over or dance their way through the spikes.
Then, the people that threw them out would be blocked.

But one single caltrop, even if expertly placed, is not going to be very effective.

Make it so a bag of them are spilled out at a time.
That would make them far more effective as well as more realistic.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/