More sticky combat?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
nils
Titan

Re: More sticky combat?

Post by nils » 21 Jun 2017 10:58

Recovery within a week is totally possible with dedication.

An alternative/addition to caltrops could be some kind of sticky substance to be thrown at the feet of the target. Be it bitumen, tar, creosote. All are black and are sticky. The problem with them is in regards to temperature, so what it would mean in game is that it could be purchased warm, soft and sticky and after a while it goes harder and subsequently less sticky.

Effect could be fresh tar 2 seconds delay on leaving the room. Lukewarm 1 second and cold no effect.

I'd see some kind of check against dexterity to avoid it, and an option to remove boots to re-roll with better chances (you're aware of the stuff this time around). I'd see the boots stuck on the ground if successfull roll.

Lighting it on fire is an option worth considering too. :)
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 21 Jun 2017 16:49

nils wrote:Recovery within a week is totally possible with dedication.
Heard that before.
IF you changed it to 100 hours of playing, i might agree.
And add "have friends to assist in grinding"

Don't throw it around like its the most viable and usual option.

I like the people, not myths comment too :-)

And Caltraps is cool idea.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 21 Jun 2017 17:21

Another idea: how about stat boost to smaller players when they are attacked by much bigger players. Won't help to defeat those myth++ in most of the cases, but at least will provide a much needed boost to survive. This will actually help skilled people shine vs those evil myths++ :) The bonus will apply only when fighting much bigger players and only when being hit/hitting those players, to avoid possible abusement of having myth++ hit you unarmed while soloing green dragon :D

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 21 Jun 2017 19:14

mallor wrote:Another idea: how about stat boost to smaller players when they are attacked by much bigger players. Won't help to defeat those myth++ in most of the cases, but at least will provide a much needed boost to survive. This will actually help skilled people shine vs those evil myths++ :) The bonus will apply only when fighting much bigger players and only when being hit/hitting those players, to avoid possible abusement of having myth++ hit you unarmed while soloing green dragon :D

No.
They get to earn their size and combat effectiveness.
No freebies.
That's basically flipping off those of us who have earned our size.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 21 Jun 2017 20:22

Alisa wrote:
nils wrote:Recovery within a week is totally possible with dedication.
Heard that before.
IF you changed it to 100 hours of playing, i might agree.
And add "have friends to assist in grinding"

Don't throw it around like its the most viable and usual option.
I said with dedication. As to how, where etc is, again, playing the game. I'll give YOU a free tip, though: Be part of a guild that can do shit alone and you'll go below your 100 hours. *wink*
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 21 Jun 2017 20:28

Or I could just code a new mystic-themed quest in Terel that rewards you with a perma-item wand that creates rainbow walls that last for 30 seconds with a 24 hour cooldown. ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 21 Jun 2017 21:22

But u have to be called Mumon to be allowed to get the quest.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 21 Jun 2017 21:30

Amberlee wrote:
mallor wrote:Another idea: how about stat boost to smaller players when they are attacked by much bigger players. Won't help to defeat those myth++ in most of the cases, but at least will provide a much needed boost to survive. This will actually help skilled people shine vs those evil myths++ :) The bonus will apply only when fighting much bigger players and only when being hit/hitting those players, to avoid possible abusement of having myth++ hit you unarmed while soloing green dragon :D

No.
They get to earn their size and combat effectiveness.
No freebies.
That's basically flipping off those of us who have earned our size.
Well that was proposed if combat is to become "sticky".
IMO it will turn PvP to more balanced and attractive.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 21 Jun 2017 21:39

gorboth wrote:Or I could just code a new mystic-themed quest in Terel that rewards you with a perma-item wand that creates rainbow walls that last for 30 seconds with a 24 hour cooldown. ;-)

G.

Nah, op.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/