Deletions

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mirandus
Site Admin

Deletions

Post by Mirandus » 24 Jun 2017 17:18

Code: Select all

Greetings Denizens of the Donut,

Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control and, while we may
regret them, they have lasting consequences and we must take responsibility
for our actions.

Due to alt-revealing actions, we found it necessary to take action against
certain players. This has resulted in the deletion of three different
main-characters and one wizard.

I do not enjoy taking actions like these, but if we are to have rules
in place we must abide by them. These actions cannot go unaswered and
I hope people will take this seriously and learn that some actions within
the realms cannot be tolerated.

Mirandus
Archwizard of Players

Draugor
Myth

Re: Deletions

Post by Draugor » 24 Jun 2017 19:39

And one wizard? Damn, ran deep?

Alltho, to root all of the alt revelation out, you'd have to delete half the game, sadly. Personally, I dont care if my chars are revealed, I trust people beeing able to keep them apart

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 24 Jun 2017 20:15

Well.

This is a bloody disgrace if you ask me.
People can go around harassing others and nothing is done.
But once you reveal the second of said person that harrassed you, you will get deleted?

Punishment does NOT fit the crime here.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 24 Jun 2017 20:26

I kinda agree with Amb

Also, whom where the asshats deleted? Its a good way to reveal such thing so we dont get the rumourspreading bullshit that tends to snowball and make shit even worse -.- People area already spamming last on + chars and speculating whom where done this time and why :P So transperancy might be a good thing here.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 25 Jun 2017 00:15

It has been a rough week with this, to be sure, and going back to a more hands-on style of AoP work with regard to the rules is a return to older times.

Some context is important here, I think. As the game dwindled to it's lowest ebb in 2012, the way we handled the playerbase needed to fit the times. In such times, it sometimes came down to a situation where we knew someone was probably cheating a little (or possibly more) but we figured that if we deleted everyone who was doing this, we would sink the ship and not have enough players left to carry forward. I changed many of the rules so that we simply didn't police a lot of things that in the old days we had. In the old days, we had so many players that we could afford to ask them to behave better, and weed out the ones that did not. From 2010-2016 both the player and wizard populations were at times so low that we didn't feel we had that luxury any more, and so standards of behavior lowered and players got used to rules that were far more loose and wizards who were too few and too busy to police much of anything but the most flagrant violations. For some of those years I myself was AoP and AoD and Keeper all in one person.

We are now returning to a playerbase that is as healthy as anything we have seen since the early days of the millenium. We have far more wizards, too. We now have a single full-time AoP in Mirandus, and he has a team of three wizard helpers. This allows us to again ask more from the player population than we did in leaner times.

There will always be bad vibes when players get deleted. I get that - it is unhappy stuff and unfun in the extreme - especially when the hammer falls on players who have been with us for over a decade, as in this case.

But we do ask more of our community now. As we grow in size, we must also grow in responsibility and citizenship. We again have a team of apt and able wizards who will uphold the standards we have in place. I will do everything I can to support those standards and the wizards and players who value them. I hope this can be true for all of us.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 25 Jun 2017 01:34

My concern is a lack of a grievance policy.

"Jenny said Bobby told her that Emily liked Phil."
"Off with their head!"
"Who?"
"Why choose!?"

Becka
Apprentice

Post by Becka » 25 Jun 2017 02:00

Etanukar wrote:My concern is a lack of a grievance policy.

"Jenny said Bobby told her that Emily liked Phil."
"Off with their head!"
"Who?"
"Why choose!?"
Jenny. Total bitch that one.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 25 Jun 2017 02:33

Like I said Gorboth.

My problem ISN'T that people get punished for this.
My problem here is the punishment itself.
It does NOT fit the crime.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 25 Jun 2017 02:39

Amberlee wrote:Like I said Gorboth.

The idea is: if you can't respect the playerbase, you don't deserve to be a part of it.
Or, at least, that's what I get from it.
Makes sense to me.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 25 Jun 2017 04:34

Melarec wrote:
Amberlee wrote:Like I said Gorboth.

The idea is: if you can't respect the playerbase, you don't deserve to be a part of it.
Or, at least, that's what I get from it.
Makes sense to me.

Well the playerbase is disrespected in many ways.
Most of them not in the form of revealing seconds, yet other ways are never punished.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/