The Chef need an update in his formula!!!!!!!

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ckrik
Wizard

Re: The Chef need an update in his formula!!!!!!!

Post by Ckrik » 24 Jun 2017 18:25

Draugor wrote:Whats alittle annoying with the herbs is that some of them are stupid rare, Emmelti for instance, I've herbed all the areas where its supposedly to be, aka gont and Thwill, I found 2, in a shop, non in herblocations
It does exist in the wild. It's just a fairly rare herb. I wouldn't be surprised if people are hoarding it in their herb pouches. It also could be the case that there are rooms with herbs you've never searched before.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 24 Jun 2017 19:07

Draugor wrote:Whats alittle annoying with the herbs is that some of them are stupid rare, Emmelti for instance, I've herbed all the areas where its supposedly to be, aka gont and Thwill, I found 2, in a shop, non in herblocations
I love it. :-)
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 24 Jun 2017 19:36

gorboth wrote:
I love it. :-)

Sadist.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 01 Jul 2017 10:08

Love it! Ask me for more stuff that's not available to an evil goblin!

> read information
You check the weekly special, and read that the chef is in need of ten more
herbs of the niphredil variety to complete his entree. The information written
down suggests that this ingredient can usually be found by searching for herbs
in the lands of Gondor. A meaningful reward will be given to the person who can
deliver them.

You also notice a poster with instructions on the station.

inquire niphredil
The chef has an iron-clad memory for ingredients, and quickly recalls, "I have
asked for that ingredient forty-three times. There has been one who succeeded,
and forty-one have failed."

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 01 Jul 2017 16:55

What isn't available directly may be available indirectly? Pay someone to get it for you? :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 01 Jul 2017 22:47

In true genesis spirit, some quests are just no meant to be completed :P

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 02 Jul 2017 01:15

gorboth wrote:What isn't available directly may be available indirectly? Pay someone to get it for you? :-)

G.
Not that I care much about the herb thing - but can you name a herb that is not available to a good-aligned elf/hobbit in the game? Something for a menial task. Perhaps I am not knowledgeable enough, but I cannot.

I won't complain though, as long as you don't bring back Kentari :)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 02 Jul 2017 02:23

Draugor wrote:In true genesis spirit, some quests are just no meant to be completed :P
This is a totally random quest. Sometimes you get a lucky roll and can stroll to the nearest herb store and take 2 seconds to finish it. Sometimes you get one that might take you hours.

The chef told me he only really feels good about himself when he sees the lower lip of a high-level warrior tremble because of herb challenges. He actually asked me to hire a sad violinist to play at such times in the Inn.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 02 Jul 2017 10:45

gorboth wrote:
Draugor wrote:In true genesis spirit, some quests are just no meant to be completed :P
This is a totally random quest. Sometimes you get a lucky roll and can stroll to the nearest herb store and take 2 seconds to finish it. Sometimes you get one that might take you hours.

The chef told me he only really feels good about himself when he sees the lower lip of a high-level warrior tremble because of herb challenges. He actually asked me to hire a sad violinist to play at such times in the Inn.

G.
As a chef myself, I wanna have a chat with that bugger :P

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 26 Aug 2017 11:27

> r station
You check the weekly special, and read that the chef is in need of ten more herbs of the tilhiyin variety to complete his entree. The information written down suggests that this ingredient can usually be found by searching for herbs in the lands of Terel. A meaningful reward will be given to the person who can deliver them.

> inquire tilhiyin
The chef has an iron-clad memory for ingredients, and quickly recalls, "I have asked for that ingredient thirty-four times. None have succeeded, and thirty-two have failed."

Yeah..
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/