Okay, time to fix this -.-

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mersereau
Champion

Re: Okay, time to fix this -.-

Post by Mersereau » 03 Jul 2017 01:50

I've said it many times,

THEFT IS HARRASSMENT

For a administration to allow this farce to go on merely means they really don't care if people can be harrassed.

#Resist
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 03 Jul 2017 03:55

Mersereau wrote:I've said it many times,

THEFT IS HARRASSMENT

For a administration to allow this farce to go on merely means they really don't care if people can be harrassed.

#Resist

I actually agree with this.
Theft is in fact harrassment.
And something that has gone largely ignored by the admin this far.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Ethuscuel
Apprentice

Post by Ethuscuel » 03 Jul 2017 06:07

Is it invisibility or just high sneak/hide? When a certain inept krynn mage/thief came to Minas Morgul recently. Disfigured and childish human.

Are we allowed to have this discussion?

Alas, the thief didn't manage to leave the Tower alive.
Last edited by Ethuscuel on 03 Jul 2017 08:30, edited 1 time in total.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 03 Jul 2017 06:54

Ethuscuel wrote:Is it invisibility or just high sneak/hide?
I see hidden thieves of much bigger size, so I doubt it's high sneak/hide.
Ethuscuel wrote: Alas, the thief didn't manage to leave the Tower alive.
Was it disfigured childish male human, known as Westor?

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 03 Jul 2017 07:55

Its invisibility, that irritates me. I mean if someone goes hiding and sneaking i can work on my awareness to see them, i can handle that. But the point that i cant see someone and i cannot attack him or her, that is just weird..

It used to be when an invisible person attacked you, he was visible again, so he had a good starter with the first hit, but after that i could kick back.
If the wizards wants to keep stealing as a skill, then at least make it so that when someone steals he or she will become visible
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 03 Jul 2017 07:57

Or the herb i suggested....
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 03 Jul 2017 10:13

Amberlee wrote:

THEFT IS HARRASSMENT

#Resist

But pvp isn't? Thievery is a legitimate game meta. It will go around the same time pvp is banned... so don't hold your breath that it would happen anytime soon.

The invisibility issue has been around for as long as there has been invisibility for players. With magic spells becoming more accessible to the masses, it is now more prevalent... although counters - magic counters in general - have never been common. That will change as new stuff gets coded and wizards realise this would be demand items (I am coding quite a few myself!).

In the short term, changes to invisibility/steal are being looked at at a global level by the admin now. This isn't something that is being ignored. My understanding is there should be changes implemented soonish.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 03 Jul 2017 10:15

Arman wrote:
Amberlee wrote:

THEFT IS HARRASSMENT

#Resist

But pvp isn't? Thievery is a legitimate game meta. It will go around the same time pvp is banned... so don't hold your breath that it would happen anytime soon.

The invisibility issue has been around for as long as there has been invisibility for players. With magic spells becoming more accessible to the masses, it is now more prevalent... although counters - magic counters in general - have never been common. That will change as new stuff gets coded and wizards realise this would be demand items (I am coding quite a few myself!).

In the short term, changes to invisibility/steal are being looked at at a global level by the admin now. This isn't something that is being ignored. My understanding is there should be changes implemented soonish.
As I stated before. The most obvious soution to this would be:

Invis should be cancelled upon a failed attempt at stealing.

After an attempt at stealing, no matter if it is failed or successful, there should be a cooldown before the thief can try again.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 03 Jul 2017 10:38

Arman wrote:
Amberlee wrote:

THEFT IS HARRASSMENT

#Resist

PvP is harrassment too, okay.
And what do think would happen if someone was to camp sparkle and kill every noob they see and take their stuff from their corpse?

Just cus thieves have the tools doesn't mean they have to target players.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 03 Jul 2017 11:05

Well.. breaking invis would be quite the obvious solution since it says something like "oops, the person you're trying to steal from has caught you".

And if you're being caught, I don't care how well you're hiding or how much you wear a cloak of invisibility.
If I grab your wrist, you can be sure I am going to pummel your head next.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/