Okay, time to fix this -.-

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Titan

Re: Okay, time to fix this -.-

Post by Avatar » 04 Jul 2017 09:20

Mirandus wrote:Hey Folks,

This is something that we are aware of and no I do not like it. We are looking at a way to deal with the situation that doesn't involve having to have things reported and then investigate.
I'll point you to my post. Simple solution, as I see it.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 04 Jul 2017 16:17

Mirandus wrote:Hey Folks,

This is something that we are aware of and no I do not like it. We are looking at a way to deal with the situation that doesn't involve having to have things reported and then investigate.
I'll point you to my post. Simple solution, as I see it.

That and make something more that can see invis so you can actually prevent the thieving little *****

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 04 Jul 2017 18:57

Thieves need a buff in return?

Give the thieves worm hole tunnels to multiple areas.
Like it is from Tantallon to Palanthas.

Give them a guild special like that of the military fork from Kabal.
Its passive, chance to fire when you parry or something.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 05 Jul 2017 05:31

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Thieves need a buff in return?

Invisibility aint a thief special tho, alltho they do need a boost in the combat/utility department, the problem here is mainly the invis spell of sohm and the retarded wayt it works with thievery.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 05 Jul 2017 16:55

Draugor wrote:

Invisibility aint a thief special tho, alltho they do need a boost in the combat/utility department, the problem here is mainly the invis spell of sohm and the retarded wayt it works with thievery.
Being a bit of a pedant, but it isn't a SoHM invisibility spell... it's the GLOBAL invisibility spell. Other magic guilds with invisibility have been able to - and have - used steal in this fashion for as long as they've had the spell. They just haven't used it on players to the extent it has been used to date with magic now being less exclusive.

As with thief guilds, I agree they need more love. Same with the ranger class (note distinct from ranger guild). But the answer isn't making them more like fighter guilds. They need their own unique and well thought out meta to complement the rest of the game. The issue is the Genesis mentality is quite stuck on the fighter class. But there are some of us working to change that dynamic a bit.

Becka
Apprentice

Post by Becka » 05 Jul 2017 17:13

Arman wrote:
Draugor wrote:

Being a bit of a pedant, but it isn't a SoHM invisibility spell... it's the GLOBAL invisibility spell. Other magic guilds with invisibility have been able to - and have - used steal in this fashion for as long as they've had the spell. They just haven't used it on players to the extent it has been used to date with magic now being less exclusive.

As with thief guilds, I agree they need more love. Same with the ranger class (note distinct from ranger guild). But the answer isn't making them more like fighter guilds. They need their own unique and well thought out meta to complement the rest of the game. The issue is the Genesis mentality is quite stuck on the fighter class. But there are some of us working to change that dynamic a bit.

Arman is correct, it is not the spell at all that is the issue. Magic is more available these days, there was a lot of them black hooded folks who were thieves, including myself back in the days (several Nazgul as well).

The problem is not invisibility nor is it the thief guild. The problem is the people who choose to disrupt and make Genesis less fun for others, knowing Gorboth right, this is something that I am sure he is looking into right now, and 'ware the wrath of the wraith.

/B

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 05 Jul 2017 17:20

Make countering invis alot easier then, ofc not permanent, but an herb that gives like 10 mins or something, people dont munch herbs 24/7 due to the minute cooldown so they cant have it on all the time

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 07 Jul 2017 05:37

I think invis should be broken after two or three attempts to steal but after 30 minutes or an hour have it reset so the thief can try stealing 2 or 3 more items without breaking invis. This will give players an opportunity to identify their thief or fight them.

I was thoroughly surprised when someone was able to steal from me and I sadly glimmer root must be broken because I wasn't able to see them.

Also, I think that for each failed attempt in under a minute should increase the difficulty to steal from the being.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 07 Jul 2017 08:24

Really? 3 times before invis is broken? That's plenty time to steal something and be gone way before I understand who did it.
Invis shouldn't benefit stealing. Every failed attempt should end up with me catching the bastard and having him for 10-15 seconds just for myself.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 07 Jul 2017 15:35

mallor wrote:Really? 3 times before invis is broken? That's plenty time to steal something and be gone way before I understand who did it.
Invis shouldn't benefit stealing. Every failed attempt should end up with me catching the bastard and having him for 10-15 seconds just for myself.
Why shouldn't invisibility benefit stealing? In my mind it is thematically perfect for it.

The two things that need to change are stealing when invisible can't be risk free, and there need to be more invisibility counters. The former is being addressed. The latter will come, now there is a clear player need :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/