Dual sword, how viable nowdays

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
mallor
Rising Hero

Dual sword, how viable nowdays

Post by mallor » 22 Jun 2017 06:42

Basically, I do recall dual sword was THE way to go back when I was playing in ancient times. Heard from different people it isn't so today, it's either 2 handed for damage or sword+board for tanking. basically mercs can max 2h combat at 75. Let's say I can boost it to 100 if I get my act together and run all around genesis adapting useless skills I'll never need.

So what's preferable? Considering my sword/2h skills are 100.

Johnny
Veteran

Re: Dual sword, how viable nowdays

Post by Johnny » 01 Jul 2017 21:01

A shintor and a JBS sounds like a fun time with 100 th

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 02 Jul 2017 02:21

Depends.
Runie and a BSC is the way to go.

Buuut in general you want a two handed sword instead.
Problem with dual wield is that when you are taking hits, it somehow mucks with YOUR hitrate.
In my experience atleast.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 07 Jul 2017 05:40

That would be a lethal combo but I like going after weapons that do not dull or sap mana. 2 handed I feel should increase your parry rate and taking hits shouldn't muck up the hitrate. Lame.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/