Muted sparkle church?

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
nils
Titan

Muted sparkle church?

Post by nils » 13 Jul 2017 12:58

Could the Sparkle Church also be made a silent room?

If not, could there be a mechanism to temporarily revoke someone's sanctuary within set criteria?
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Becka
Apprentice

Re: Muted sparkle church?

Post by Becka » 13 Jul 2017 15:25

nils wrote:Could the Sparkle Church also be made a silent room?

If not, could there be a mechanism to temporarily revoke someone's sanctuary within set criteria?
Yes. Brilliant idea, I stopped for a rest for 10 mins yesterday to go get some icecream (Oh yes) and when I come back it was a full-fledged highschool sandbox in there, the amount of trash talk and name-calling was astonishing. I think people confuse "safe room" with "I can say whatever I want lol". It seems like the church acts like a singularity of sorts, drawing in all fools from allover until soon it will reach some sort of critical fool-mass whereupon the now-transformed church will explode and spill stupidity allover the population of Sparkle.

So please in the name of Richard Feynman do try and stop this from happening, a spam filter would be excellent, or a room-wide gag would work as well.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 13 Jul 2017 15:52

All safe rooms should be quiet tbh

So shitheads need to think for a sec or two before they start, shouldnt be able to just run in and be safe either after an attack, put the same CD on admittance to saferoom as combat

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 13 Jul 2017 19:29

Genesis should have an automatic smack talk detector, once you smack talk the room immediately stops being safe, just for you!

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 13 Jul 2017 22:41

I have no problems with smack talk or foul language... but in a CHURCH?! CMON MAN!

...or PO for that matter. Keep it friggin down!! I'm writtin' 'ere!

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 14 Jul 2017 06:09

This is a fun little thread.
I have had the notion that being able to <tune out the rabble> would be nice. If one is decided and is just kicking rocks and taking in the incense (Is the Sparkle Church an incense kind of church?), and the inevitable crowd begins to form, tuning it out would be very nice. But then again, just ignore it, who cares.
About these safe zones, I am pretty sure I comprehend and fully agree with what Draugor is saying. Conjunctive yet apart from that, the newbie in me drools over a sort of smack talk detector; how that could ever come about is dubious. It would be cool though, especially how would these things be judged? Someone proposes the motion in a whisper and everyone takes their time to vote in secret behind their targets back. In a hurried arousal the votes are counted and then some sort of an open game is declared... it sounds a bit cheap, but it could be fun. I am afraid I would be the victim a bit too often though, and not nearly enough apart of the mob.

Ah, so it goes.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 15 Jul 2017 01:37

Is it just me? i like the gossip i hear in church :D
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 15 Jul 2017 05:43

nils wrote:Could the Sparkle Church also be made a silent room?
Very much this.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 17 Jul 2017 23:05

Dorrien wrote:I have no problems with smack talk or foul language... but in a CHURCH?! CMON MAN!

...or PO for that matter. Keep it friggin down!! I'm writtin' 'ere!
I actually enjoy giving occasional hotfoot to someone in PO writing a mail. The very concept of writing a mail with one's feet on fire makes me giggle. Autosneak on, hotfoot, ruuuuun!

Luma
Adept

Post by Luma » 19 Jul 2017 23:21

gold bezie wrote:Is it just me? i like the gossip i hear in church :D
Even better when no one can see you :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/