Can't save trigger in web client?

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
kelrhys
Apprentice

Can't save trigger in web client?

Post by kelrhys » 15 Jul 2017 22:26

I can't seem to find any other complaints on this, so I wonder if I am missing something obvious, but here goes:

I connect using the web client in Chrome browser on windows 10. I can create aliases fine, but when I try to create a trigger the save button does not work:

-Login in with my character
-Click Settings -> Triggers -> Add new trigger
-type trigger name (eg: loot)
-type command (eg: get all from corpse)
-Click Save

Nothing happens, the button highlights blue, but that's it. I tried on a brand new windows PC and in Microsoft Edge browser as well, but same issue. Note that all other fields are left at default, including the pre-populated Pattern of "You killed"

Anyone know what is going on? Do I need a different Javascript setting or updated Java version or something?

Thank you!

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Re: Can't save trigger in web client?

Post by Sibbedidenn » 15 Jul 2017 22:38

I will try to help and the only thing I can think of doing is telling you how I do it.

-Trigger Name
[grind all]

-Trigger Type
[Text][Regexp][GMCP] [CASE SENSITIVE]

-Pattern
[You killed]

-Script Type
[Commands][Javascript]
1| get all from corpse

So this is a mock up of my data entry when I set up a trigger (same as your loot trigger), a very basic one to make grinding easier. I hope it helps. haha

Legend:
Red is the selected Script type, Trigger type.

I have used Chrome as well and it gave me no problem. I wish you luck.

kelrhys
Apprentice

Re: Can't save trigger in web client?

Post by kelrhys » 16 Jul 2017 04:29

I took a look at the console in my web browser, and found that there is an error. I attached a screenshot. Apparently it can't access my userdata.json file... ??!!
Attachments
Web Client Error.JPG
Web Client Error.JPG (52.75 KiB) Viewed 2458 times

kelrhys
Apprentice

Re: Can't save trigger in web client? SOLVED

Post by kelrhys » 03 Aug 2017 18:58

In case anyone else runs into this (which at least one other person I talked to has), the problem
was using the Pattern field default of value of "You killed" will, for some reason, cause the trigger not to save.
The default value can't be deleted with backspace or delete key, but must simply be overwritten with new text.
It can be exactly the same as the default text, if desired.

Now, onto figuring out how to effectively use the triggers :)

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Re: Can't save trigger in web client? SOLVED

Post by Raelle » 03 Aug 2017 19:11

kelrhys wrote:In case anyone else runs into this (which at least one other person I talked to has), the problem
was using the Pattern field default of value of "You killed" will, for some reason, cause the trigger not to save.
The default value can't be deleted with backspace or delete key, but must simply be overwritten with new text.
It can be exactly the same as the default text, if desired.
thank you!! I was having the same problem and this did the trick

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/