The Dagarim Aran

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: The Dagarim Aran

Post by Amberlee » 05 Jun 2010 16:32

Then there just might have been deaths.
And not mine :P

Anyway hope it wont come to that.
Amber has taken a vow not to be involved in wars, which has been explained to the knights and which they have accepted.
However in defense of party members that is another thing.
Which is why i did not assist when Fourtcoer attacked ;)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 07 Jun 2010 18:41

It is always hard for me to get a true feel for what is happening from a player perspective, so correct me if I am wrong here. It appears as if PvP is taking a real turn for the better here. We have some chaos, sure, but much moreso than usual the "bad guys" are restricting themselves to some boundaries so that the average player can still enjoy the game on their own terms rather than being entirely subject to the whims of a griefer. Also, we have compliments going back and forth between factions on "good form" and "good times" relating to skirmishes.

Good signs!
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 07 Jun 2010 18:59

Aye there is still the problem though to a point with the deaths.

I was attacked by Fourtcoer for assaulting Vingaard Keep the other day. He is decently smaller than me (3 levels) and I have to ask myself the question do I if I see him in Krynn attempt and possibly kill him, ruining his day perhaps in playing or getting frustrated? Or do I let the attack go because I had assaulted VK and he defended it. There's been a lot of PvP but not that many deaths resulting from it yet. So the question I ask is will it still be fun when people actually start dying?

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 07 Jun 2010 19:39

I think the fun is in the fight and not the kill. Except a few players, most enjoy the thrill of the battle, and not the looting of a corpse. We attack Lindros and others knowing we won't kill them, just to make them remember they are still in our watch. And when they attack me (either as a new attack or in retaliation) I fight back, even if my chances are near zero.

For example, I see Fornax fighting our guards, and so I attack him. I am much bigger than him and get "my fun" until he decides he is no longer "having fun" (as in, he is down to very bad shape or terribly hurt). When he leaves, I don't hunt, I already had my fun and don't want to turn what was his fun (of trying to tackle someone bigger) into bitterness. Same when Bale or Dinendae attack me, I fight them for the fun of fighting them, of testing our skills, or checking our equipment... with Dinendae we would cross in Sparkle and fight whenever we meet until one wimpied, knowing the other would not hunt yourself.

If a team of small soldiers want to take on me, I will stay and fight to have fun and give them the fun they are looking for until either I am too hurt or one of them wimps. However, I have no problem in fighting one, getting him to terribly hurt, and if I am healthy enough, target another just to make the battle longer. Of course, if it is a "serious battle" (say, two or three legends and a titan hunting me) I will target the smaller and force the team to leave (or leave as soon as I notice I have no way of claiming victory). With years you get to know when someone is fighting you to "kill" you or when he is fighting you to kill time or enjoy some fun. If Fourtcoer attacked you because of roleplaying reasons (even knowing you were bigger) it is commendable.

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 08 Jun 2010 01:33

gorboth wrote:It is always hard for me to get a true feel for what is happening from a player perspective, so correct me if I am wrong here. It appears as if PvP is taking a real turn for the better here. We have some chaos, sure, but much moreso than usual the "bad guys" are restricting themselves to some boundaries so that the average player can still enjoy the game on their own terms rather than being entirely subject to the whims of a griefer. Also, we have compliments going back and forth between factions on "good form" and "good times" relating to skirmishes.

Good signs!
G.
Gorboth,

I think things are getting a little better. Some of us on the ground have been trying to foster some good relationships even between enemies. There have been a lot of PvP in the past resulting in hurt feelings and revenge and the like, but it's inevitable that someone's eventually going to die and bad things may happen all over again.

I've been on a personal mission to try and foster enough opportunity for PvP that those who have a taste can join in and battle, while those who may not wish to participate can be spared from that kind of combat.

Hopefully, if there are enough of us trying to foster friendly combat, that may drown out some of the bad feelings or bad blood out there.

In any case, time will tell...

Fornax
Greenhorne

Post by Fornax » 08 Jun 2010 13:27

Rhynox wrote:For example, I see Fornax fighting our guards, and so I attack him. I am much bigger than him and get "my fun" until he decides he is no longer "having fun" (as in, he is down to very bad shape or terribly hurt). When he leaves, I don't hunt, I already had my fun and don't want to turn what was his fun (of trying to tackle someone bigger) into bitterness.
Much bigger my ass! I'll whipe the floor with you any day.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 08 Jun 2010 13:33

No you really wont :p
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 08 Jun 2010 14:37

Fornax wrote:
Rhynox wrote:For example, I see Fornax fighting our guards, and so I attack him. I am much bigger than him and get "my fun" until he decides he is no longer "having fun" (as in, he is down to very bad shape or terribly hurt). When he leaves, I don't hunt, I already had my fun and don't want to turn what was his fun (of trying to tackle someone bigger) into bitterness.
Much bigger my ass! I'll whipe the floor with you any day.
I think Rhynoxoceros must have been talking about his ego, that is huge.. :P
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 08 Jun 2010 17:39

Fornax wrote:Much bigger my ass! I'll whipe the floor with you any day.
Summon spell worked :-)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/