Awesome Imbuements

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Pasha
Apprentice

Re: Awesome Imbuements

Post by Pasha » 27 Oct 2016 21:37

gorboth wrote:
Pasha wrote:
Syrk wrote:Has anyone tinkered with Karkadelt?

Last week i got a giant black maul imbued with:
It exudes a faint aura of malevolence.
A faint feeling of security emanates from it.

Now it is a serrated obsidian halberd:
A pronounced feeling of security emanates from it.

It can not be a coincidence.
Is Karkadelt doing imbuements other than "unusual" ?

And sorry folks for this question - i was out of the topic for some time - Is it possible to create peculiar/exotic enchantments?

Thanks in advance
It always has been. Karkadelt's 1000pc imbuement option creates a natural roll for imbuements, just like when one is naturally generated in the game. You could get an exotic with three intense stat mods. You could also get an unusual with a single faint increase in earth-magic.

G.
Thanks Gorboth for your answer.
But my second question was related to enchantments which can be created from own gems.
I.e. can i create peculiar/exotic imbuements from gems in my lapidarium ?

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 27 Oct 2016 22:54

Ah, sorry - I didn't understand your question, Pasha.

No, using the enchanter's forge and your collected stones, you can only forge "unusual" items, meaning only one imbuement on them (of whichever strength you care to invest.) The reason for this is that multiple imbuements on a single item is not very balanced. We created a system which creates VERY unbalanced items from time to time with the understanding that this will be extremely rare. For such an imbuement to land on a really useful sword or piece of armour that you would want to use even if it weren't imbued - that is so rare it almost never happens (e.g. that last post of mine - I've never seen a natural enchantment on an FBB before, and this happened to be an intense one! - quite rare indeed.) To allow players to create peculiar and exotic items means these results will no longer be rare, and they will always be on items that are otherwise worth using. This would break the system and the balance.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Pasha
Apprentice

Post by Pasha » 28 Oct 2016 07:07

gorboth wrote:Ah, sorry - I didn't understand your question, Pasha.

No, using the enchanter's forge and your collected stones, you can only forge "unusual" items, meaning only one imbuement on them (of whichever strength you care to invest.) The reason for this is that multiple imbuements on a single item is not very balanced. We created a system which creates VERY unbalanced items from time to time with the understanding that this will be extremely rare. For such an imbuement to land on a really useful sword or piece of armour that you would want to use even if it weren't imbued - that is so rare it almost never happens (e.g. that last post of mine - I've never seen a natural enchantment on an FBB before, and this happened to be an intense one! - quite rare indeed.) To allow players to create peculiar and exotic items means these results will no longer be rare, and they will always be on items that are otherwise worth using. This would break the system and the balance.

G.
Thanks. I see

Orien
Apprentice

Post by Orien » 23 Dec 2016 14:43

You get an exotic notched longsword from the corpse of an orcish warrior.

Many notches have been carved into the metal on the side of the blade that extends from the hilt of this longsword. Whether the notches are for decoration or to commemorate those who have fallen under it's slice is a matter of grim speculation.
It looks like it is in prime condition.
It is enveloped by faint white flames.
A faint odor of decay issues from the weapon.
A faint smell of lavender emanates from its surface.

Orien are cute (Cool too) kender, if ya disagree with Orien, Orien agree with ya, Orien loves all ^bounce^

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 14 Apr 2017 23:32

This is a heavy fullplate armour made of steel. It is ancient looking and
covers the chest. The metal looks tempered and strong.
It looks like it is in prime condition.
A faint smell of sage emanates from its surface.
A faint smell of lavender emanates from its surface.
It is emitting a faint purring sound.
Now I can be a sneaky smartass

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 28 Jul 2017 22:39

So apparently I have been a sinner this week... I went to imbue one of my weapons and after giving 1,000 platinum coins to the enchanter, RNGesus had something up his sleeve...

Dorrien, you have been a bad boy this week!

Halfling slay for you!!!

How... disappointing... 1K... gone.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 28 Jul 2017 23:26

1k plats is a decent grinding day in barrows. Hardly disappointing.

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 29 Jul 2017 00:05

If a faint hobbit slay imbue, at all, let alone for 1K isn't disappointing, my assumptions about you are very very VERY correct...

Keltar
Wanderer

Post by Keltar » 30 Jul 2017 11:21

Dorrien wrote:So apparently I have been a sinner this week... I went to imbue one of my weapons and after giving 1,000 platinum coins to the enchanter,
Halfling slay for you!!!
How... disappointing... 1K... gone.
I guess you can get any faint imbue for around 1800 plats.
Buying off auctions for not more then 40 plats each is doable / getting items off corpses and transmo to stones.
You end with 27 cracked stones = 1 faint imbue

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 30 Jul 2017 11:42

Keltar, your math is wrong

it is only 9 stones to make an ordinary stone, which becomes a faint imbue.
If you find 81 you can make a glittering stone, which is an intense imbue.

3 cracked = 1 blemished
3 blemished (9 cracked) = 1 ordinary = faint imbue
3 ordinary (27 cracked) = 1 unblemished = pronounced imbue
3 unblemished (81 cracked) = 1 glittering = intense imbue

Edit: My math apparently wasn't anything to brag about either.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/