New Race: Vampire

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Do you want there to be a vampire playable race?

Yes, do this!
12%
No, I'm good.
88%

Total votes: 43

Sibbedidenn
Adept

New Race: Vampire

Post by Sibbedidenn » 30 Jul 2017 22:19

So I had been through the tutorial a few times before I finally made Sibbedidenn and enjoyed it thoroughly. I have helped the Baron von Krolock and I have slain him. The first time I played through I helped him merely because I thought two platinum coins was an insanely large amount of money. I always thought though, every time after reading that description, Krolock the Destroyer, Baron of the Night Realm, novice, male vampire; well it made me want that ending bit, male vampire. The rest is cool (go Gorboth) but that last bit makes you think as a player, what if? eh.

So whether as I now propose that there is a two-pronged reward for helping the Baron, one the 2 plats and the other becoming one by blood!-- and for the sake of posterity only offering this after you SPOILERS retrieve the young heart and return to Krolock. This way you are already evil by the time you become a creature of the night. The other is that some clever wizard incorporates the race into the Donut proper and I naturally won't make a mess of trying to explain that whole process.

Here is hoping, cheers

Draugor
Myth

Re: New Race: Vampire

Post by Draugor » 30 Jul 2017 22:38

THere used to be a guild for it, was closed for a multitude of reasons.

Want the entire light hurts em etc?

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 30 Jul 2017 23:37

Yeah well, there it is, huh, the idea sucks!

(chuckle) whatever.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 31 Jul 2017 00:35

Hell no for the race.
Hell yes for the guild to return though.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Saimon
Wanderer

Post by Saimon » 31 Jul 2017 00:44

XXX the Ranger of the North, male vampire, yeah it sounds good.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 31 Jul 2017 00:59

We've had vampires (or Vampyrs) come into the game 3 or 4 times now as a player guild. From memory the first one got closed in the 90s because it was buggy/full of exploits courtesy of its patriotic coder... came back again about a decade later as vampires mirroring the Masquerade-type - which was quite nice but seemed to be grossly overpowered. Again closed. And then the original with its layman came back and closed within a period I am not familiar with... no idea why. But it does seem the concept is a bit cursed :)

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 31 Jul 2017 01:11

Amberlee wrote:Hell no for the race.
Hell yes for the guild to return though.

Agreed.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 31 Jul 2017 01:14

Arman wrote:We've had vampires (or Vampyrs) come into the game 3 or 4 times now as a player guild. From memory the first one got closed in the 90s because it was buggy/full of exploits courtesy of its patriotic coder... came back again about a decade later as vampires mirroring the Masquerade-type - which was quite nice but seemed to be grossly overpowered. Again closed. And then the original with its layman came back and closed within a period I am not familiar with... no idea why. But it does seem the concept is a bit cursed :)
Probably because a certain someone hates the concept. Even though said person has no issues with other grossly overpowered guilds... :twisted:

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 31 Jul 2017 01:53

ALL RIGHT, all right. It sucks. Well. There it is. lol

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 31 Jul 2017 20:20

Wow, never seen such a one-sided vote on these forums ever. Nice work Sibbedidenn, you've earned some kind of award I think.:P

To be fair though, the idea itself isn't bad, but as Arman said, the vampires have a long and often troubled history in Genesis. You suggested something a lot of old players have very strong opinions about. I would suspect most players either feel that the vampires should remain dead an buried forever, or want the old vampire guild to be brought back to life again. However both sides seem to agree that a vampire racial isn't a good idea. I am guessing the pro-vampire voters feel it would be a lame substitute compared to the old guilds, and the against-vampire voters probably feel Genesis shouldn't do a fourth (or fifth??) attempt at a vampire guild. Ever.

Actually, if Genesis did not have a vampiric history I think this idea isn't bad at all, and I think the vote would most likely have been much more in favor of it the idea. I agree with the majority though, since we DO have the history, a vampire racial probably isn't going to work.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/