Bringing back old guilds and the forums rules

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ckrik
Wizard

Re: Bringing back old guilds and the forums rules

Post by Ckrik » 02 Aug 2017 16:09

Tarax the Terrible wrote: But considering all the components when you just look at the tax for a special attack the difference of a few % points of tax doesn't nearly compensate for a special that would be twice as damaging when buffed with haste and epic gear.
The fighter guild specials are in pretty good balance with each other these days. Everything is being forced through the same code so there's very little wiggle room. We've also been testing guild special balance pretty systematically since Petros became AoB a couple years back. If you're referring to a decade ago where every guild had bespoke code for their specials, then yes, perhaps some guilds were overpowered. Any differences among guilds you see today are intentional and balance is enforced through code. Given the level of scrutiny and the system we have now, there should be no way a particular guild's special is 2x more powerful than another guild's. You also have to remember we designed a rock/paper/scissor system to make things interesting. Some guild's specials just don't match up well against another's and perhaps you're seeing that effect.

Mim
Rising Hero

Re: New Race: Vampire

Post by Mim » 02 Aug 2017 17:56

Amberlee wrote:Respect is earned and not freely given.
May I be of a different wavelength?
I'd say that disrespect is earned.
Default is, and should always be, respect towards others, until they screw up.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: New Race: Vampire

Post by Cherek » 02 Aug 2017 18:26

Kvator: Non-coding wizard!?! I coded the Yule-lottery all by myself! And the entire website! And... a small area in Krynn... and... uh... some event rewards... and... and... eh, yeah. Fine, fine, you're right, I've mostly had a non-coding role when active as a wizard.:) Thanks for the praise though, I try my best to be nice and respectful towards everyone, and I always try to help players when possible, since Genesis is nothing without its players. Wizards and players are equally important for the success of the game, and we should all be nice to each other.

Mim: Exactly how I feel.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 03 Aug 2017 00:55

Kvator wrote:Lolololo.

Cherek was actually the best 'non-coding' wizard Genesis had (at least during my time, so since 2000 or something like that) and even if he did spoke some bs on a few occasions i can't understand how a 'personal opinion' on the guild status + personal impression on mortal vs wizard PoV can be called bs so easily :D
If people wonder why there are minotaurs north of Solace, that was Cherek's apprentice project :). So he has smacked some code down!!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Aug 2017 01:10

Arman wrote:
Kvator wrote:Lolololo.

Cherek was actually the best 'non-coding' wizard Genesis had (at least during my time, so since 2000 or something like that) and even if he did spoke some bs on a few occasions i can't understand how a 'personal opinion' on the guild status + personal impression on mortal vs wizard PoV can be called bs so easily :D
If people wonder why there are minotaurs north of Solace, that was Cherek's apprentice project :). So he has smacked some code down!!
Yeah my career went like this (slightly simplified):

- Apprentice project
- 10 year break
- Whining on Gorboth here on the forums until Gorboth says something like "So you think you can do a better job then?"
- Admin

So... for the rest of you complaining, be careful what you wish for, see what happened to me!

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 03 Aug 2017 14:22

So wtf is a champron.
Just kidding I know what it is (googled it)
All good work, this Cherek guy has potential.

One question remains. Which ermmm "spoilsport" was responsible for making Theros not attackable?

See Cherek I am learning political correctness, didn't say fag.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Aug 2017 14:59

Tarax the Terrible wrote:So wtf is a champron.
Just kidding I know what it is (googled it)
All good work, this Cherek guy has potential.

One question remains. Which ermmm "spoilsport" was responsible for making Theros not attackable?

See Cherek I am learning political correctness, didn't say fag.
Who's Theros?

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 03 Aug 2017 15:06

Uhm, the champron is one of the buggiest items I've had to wear. Shows code when it's hit.

Can't even be imbued!
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Aug 2017 15:16

nils wrote:Uhm, the champron is one of the buggiest items I've had to wear. Shows code when it's hit.

Can't even be imbued!
Well it certainly didn't show any code 10+ years ago when I made it. But lots of things happen in 10 years, it might be that it works badly with a guild combination, or some new mudlib update caused a bug to appear, or a number of other things. If it's buggy I assume you made a <bug> report so Arman or another Krynn wizards can take a look?

The reason it can't be imbued is because it's actually, technically, a cloth that acts as an armour with AC. Minoturs can't wear _armours_ on the head. And there were no imbuements then so I obviously had no idea that would cause a problem later on?:)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 03 Aug 2017 17:39

Cherek wrote:
Who's Theros?
Uhm thought that was the name. I mean the myth sized smith in Solace. Part of Tannis Tika Kits Strums party in the books.

Think he was added same time as foul goblin and
shaman.

Wish all that crew was available for me to kill. Kit included.
I've killed vermie araikas ember etc etc want the set.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/